• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Force the Bubble to POP!

Brian

Reaction score
As many of you know I bought what I call the KSB (Korean Shit Box) or a Hundia Accent recently to save money on gas, which was very important to my budget since I moved further out of town back in March. It gets about 35 mpg mixed. Everybody knows by now that the oil price per barrel is a sham created mostly by speculation. Here is the reality as I see it. Demand is down, reserves are up, supply is up, and there is no logical reason for the rise in oil prices. Mind you I do not ignore the weakening dollar, but the hearsay that is driving oil prices through the roof has gotten rediculous. I remember the other day after reporting the following: Demand is down in Asia, Saudi and Kuwaite reports no oil shortage, demand is down in the US, and OPEc raises production again, US reserves is up, etc. etc. etc. That OPEC in no doubt complete and utter frustation states that oil prices were likely rise to 150 to 170 dollars a barrel. Does this make any sense what so ever to anybody at all? Thousands of repots to the contrary and oil prices jump because of a stupid and frustrated comment? They must think that the masses are frick'n retarded!

Okay now here is my plan to pop the bubble which I have actually been practicing for quite sometime. Stop driving unless absolutely neccesary! Plan your trips to town to maximize your purchases of goods. If you can walk or ride a bike to the store, work, etc. DO IT! I understand some are like me and live so far out of town that it is impossible to completely stop driving but we can still change our habits as well. Cancel your road trips this summer as well. If we significantly reduce our purchase of gasoline it will force the bubble to pop which I actually see happening in the near future if we do our part. Leave the speculators no excuses to influence the price of oil! It will absolutely have to come crashing down if we do this accross the United States and Canada.

IT IS HIGH TIME THE POOR BEND THE RICH OVER AND START F'N THEM UP THE ASS!!!

And one more added thing I just thought of... If you have money invested in the oil industry sell now! Buy gold if your investing to hedge against the falling dollar that won't create pain for everybody like oil and food does. Money put into the oil market this year is 5x last year. Knock that shit off already! You will not save or gain money effectively by costing yourself more money in food, oil, gas, shipping, etc. See everybody has to have those things to survive. Not to mention if you keep investing or continue to hold oil stocks you are going to be hurt the worste when the bubble does pop!

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/subscriber/business/local/story/4192068p-4782777c.html

http://www.forbes.com/business/2008/06/03/soros-energy-congress-biz-beltway-cx_jz_0603soros.html

Look billion aires say Pop this Bubble or else! This dude knows how to make money. He's not just some senial old fool...

Last edited:

flyingbrick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Where are you from that your reading the Winnipeg free press?

Thumper113

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Stop driving unless absolutely neccesary! Plan your trips to town to maximize your purchases of goods. If you can walk or ride a bike to the store, work, etc. DO IT!
Here is what me & my wife have been doing for several weeks now.........

From our house to her job, it's 26 miles round trip. Her Bronco averages 13 mpg in town.

From our house to my job, it's 22 miles round trip. My Ranger averages the same 13 mpg in town.

My motorcycle averages 44 mpg in town.

We started bike-pooling. We put 36 miles a day on the bike by doing this. It's been nice lately not using even one gallon of gasoline per day where as she would use 2 gallons a day & I would almost 2 gallons. At an average of $16.00 a day for both vehicles, we were spending $72.00 a week in gas, $288.00 a month just for our commutes to our work places.

Now, we average $18.00 a week, $72.00 a month for our commute, saving around $200.00 a month and we're using less than 5 gallons of gasoline a week for the work commute.

However, living in this state will require us to drive one of our vehicles once winter sets in but not everyday. It gets cold but we already have cold weather riding gear. When it snows & the roads are slick, we'll ride together in one of the trucks on those days. We won't be saving as much gas as riding the motorcycle but it'll be better than each of us driving our own vehicles. The motorcycles I've had & have now were purchased for recreational activities, not as a gas saving vehicle so the money spent on it doesn't offset the gasoline savings. It's nice that we have it so we can use it for that reason now.

There's no way right now I'd buy an economy vehicle. The money spent on a nice economic car would take forever to offset in gasoline dollar savings.

$XXX.XX per month for car payment
$XXX.XX per 6 months for full coverage insurance
$XXX.XX once a year for vehicle registration
$XX.XX every few months for maintinence

Equals $XXXXX.XX total overall cost just to save around $70.00 to maybe $80.00 a month in gasoline savings.

Now, if I were to sell the Bronco or the Ranger & use the money towards an economical vehicle, that'd be a different scenario. However, my Ranger serves a few purposes, two of those, a poopbox car will be unable to perform..........going wheeling where I wheel (not maintained dirt roads) & towing my camper on weekends & holding alot of camping gear.

The Bronco serves several purposes for us as well as the roomy family car. We wheel it but not on trails like my Ranger will go on. It also pulls the camper & holds alot of camping gear.

Call me stubborn, unwilling to conform, whatever..........We're not ready to give up our family recreational activites that we enjoy. Our activites involve using our gas hog trucks. Nor, do i feel like I should be told to redirect our family's recreational activities based on everyone should use less gasoline in the United States.

We're actually using less gasoline even with the weekend activites we won't give up........camping or wheeling or fishing for day or going to Waterworld or Six Flags in Denver, because we have always done those activities when each of us drove our own trucks to our work places during the work week.

Unless it comes to a head, (fuel rationing) we won't give up our activities we enjoy so much. So yeah, I'll be guilty of being just another American that won't do everything possible to use a minimal amount of gasoline. The way I figure it is.........If all I can do is wake up, go to work, earn my paycheck, pay my bills, eat dinner, watch TV, go to sleep, wake up go to work, earn my paycheck, etc, etc, etc, and stay home on the weekends...............What's the fawking point in living??? Work isn't a fun recreational activity, it's something I do so I can afford to take my family on recreational activities after the resposibilities (bills) are taken care of.

There's no way we as a family can can see having fun inside a house playing board games, watching movies, etc. Colorado has too much to offer outside of a house & that's what we as a family want. We still haven't seen all of Colorado but we're narrowing it down little by little.

I filled up the Bronco 3 weeks ago to the tune of $108.00. Guess what?.......It still has a full tank of gas. If we weren't riding the motorcycle, I would have had to refill it last Sunday.

I filled up my Ranger 4 weekends ago & went wheeling. Got home with just a hair under half a tank. Guess what?.........It still has just a hair under half a tank. If I wasn't riding the bike, I would have had to refill it 3 weekends ago & 2 weekends ago, & last weekend (it has a smaller tank than the Bronco).

This coming holiday weekend, we're gonna be driving just over 300 miles between Friday & Saturday. 210 miles will be on the motorcycle because it'll be just me & wifey. The other 90 miles on Saturday will be in the Bronco with wifey & daughter.

I'm sorry I babbled on, I just had to type out what I feel is my situation & how I feel about it because I am feeling the pinch. Some will disagree with what I'm doing (as in not giving up the fun stuff) but that's my take on it.

Last edited:

Brian

Reaction score
Oh I'm no greenie weenie and I understand. I am further more happy to hear that you have done what you can to buy less gas. Thats what I'm doing as well. The motivation behind this thread is to encourage some serious short term conservation in an attempt to Pop the oil bubble so that we can continue to drive to work, get paid, and feed our families. Stagflation is a very scary thing. When all prices rise to include the food we eat life gets very hard and I think it is retarded that this will happen because of the greedy few. Getting rich by destroying your countries already ailing economy is more then wicked evil, it's stupid as well. See if our money has no value it really doesn't matter how much of it you have now does it.

Yes I also understand not buying a new econo-box and completely agree with you that it won't save you any money. This is why I bought a used KSB that insurance is cheap on. It pays for itself in less then a year in my case even added to my fleet (3 and 1/2 other vehicles all getting 16.5 mpg or less) My Ranger gets 10 mpg, the Bronco II gets 16, the Durango gets almost 17 when I'm not driving it anyways.

A motorcycle is a great idea IMHO only reasons I didn't get another one is because:

A: The wife can't or won't drive it
B: I work 13 hr night shifts and often have a hard time staying awake on my 22.5 mile trip home.

Believe me I wanted one! they get great mpg and are a hell of allot of fun.

Oh and I live in Oregon BTW but I often read allot of news online.

Last edited:

Thumper113

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Oh I'm no greenie weenie and I understand. I am further more happy to hear that you have done what you can to buy less gas. Thats what I'm doing as well. The motivation behind this thread is to encourage some serious short term conservation in an attempt to Pop the oil bubble so that we can continue to drive to work, get paid, and feed our families. Stagflation is a very scary thing. When all prices rise to include the food we eat life gets very hard and I think it is retarded that this will happen because of the greedy few. Getting rich by destroying your countries already ailing economy is more then wicked evil, it's stupid as well. See if our money has no value it really doesn't matter how much of it you have now does it.

Yes I also understand not buying a new econo-box and completely agree with you that it won't save you any money. This is why I bought a used KSB that insurance is cheap on. It pays for itself in less then a year in my case even added to my fleet (3 and 1/2 other vehicles all getting 16.5 mpg or less) My Ranger gets 10 mpg, the Bronco II gets 16, the Durango gets almost 17 when I'm not driving it anyways.

A motorcycle is a great idea IMHO only reasons I didn't get another one is because:

A: The can't or won't drive it
B: I work 13 hr night shifts and often have a hard time staying awake on my 22.5 mile trip home.

Believe me I wanted one! they get great mpg and are a hell of allot of fun.

Oh and I live in Oregon BTW but I often read allot of news online.
I understand what you're saying. I'm willing to make some changes but not enough to completely change my lifestyle yet, not unless it's forced upon me. And if I don't change my ways now, then I'll be the one that is causing/caused the problem. That's where the "stubborn, pigheaded, uneducated," part comes in that I've been called on occasion :D

Man, living in Oregon would be great to see on a motorcycle. Never been there but have seen lots of pics & vids from there.........beautiful country up there.

Brian

Reaction score
Yep it is and I used to ride one rain or shine. My first love was motorcycles.

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
There's no way right now I'd buy an economy vehicle. The money spent on a nice economic car would take forever to offset in gasoline dollar savings.

$XXX.XX per month for car payment
$XXX.XX per 6 months for full coverage insurance
$XXX.XX once a year for vehicle registration
$XX.XX every few months for maintinence

Equals $XXXXX.XX total overall cost just to save around $70.00 to maybe $80.00 a month in gasoline savings.
Who said it has to be new? My dads $300 shitbox ranger (Brian's seen it, he'll attest to the shitbox-ness of it :D ) gets 27-30 MPG and maintenance costs have averaged out to $2 for every 1000 miles, he's put 70,000 miles on it and has hardly had to touch it.

Last edited:

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
I'm trying, but I can't for the life of me get my damn motorcycle to run right. I should have never changed the exhaust!

lil red

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
you probably need to jet it zman

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
you probably need to jet it zman
I'm aware :icon_thumby: thanks. The problem I'm having is I've gotten it to run good a couple of times, but after a little bit of riding it goes right back to how it was, so then I mess with it another week or 2, and the cycle goes all over. Ran perfect last year, then I started changing parts over the winter...

Last edited:

Thumper113

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Who said it has to be new? My dads $300 shitbox ranger (Brian's seen it, he'll attest to the shitbox-ness of it :D ) gets 27-30 MPG and maintenance costs have averaged out to $2 for every 1000 miles, he's put 70,000 miles on it and has hardly had to touch it.
I wouldn't buy a new one but it'd be a late model & I'd want it to be a nice one, no more than 4 years old..........that's just another hangup of mine :D

triumphrider-1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F150
Engine Size
3.7L
Transmission
Automatic
I'm aware :icon_thumby: thanks. The problem I'm having is I've gotten it to run good a couple of times, but after a little bit of riding it goes right back to how it was, so then I mess with it another week or 2, and the cycle goes all over. Ran perfect last year, then I started changing parts over the winter...
Are you fouling plugs too?

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged

Simple_serf

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I am doing what I can to save fuel... If I was to use as much fuel as I used to, well, I wouldn't be able to. I am only planning on going to 4 shows here this year (and only showing for a day at one of them). Being in the old engine hobby isn't cheap anymore. I did just pick up a running Fairbanks Morse ZD for less than $300 though!

The big thing for me is I am now getting into the Amateur radio hobby. It's something I have wanted to do since I was about 12, and several of my friends and I went out and got our Technician license. I picked up a New Icom IC-T7H handheld, and I have been having fun on the 2 meter and 70cm bands. When things around here quiet down in September, I am going to take my General class test, because I would like to get into the HF bands (10 meter and lower).
Even better, all of the equipment I am looking at runs on 12VDC, and my solar panels put out plenty of that!

Pt_Ranger_V8

FullsizeFreakin'
U.S. Military - Active
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
19 something
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I find it interesting that nobody has mentioned what will happen when our demand drops like a rock.

The prices wil lgo UP as oil companies fight tooth and nail for their profit margin.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals