• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Looking for some help...

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Yes, that is good news~!

How is the mobility coming along? I know from my own experience I had many "one step forward, two steps back" episodes...but the younger you are, the less down time you get.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I'm starting to get pretty good at walking. Still can't go very far without a cane and even with it, I tire somewhat quickly, but it's slowly improving. Therapy keeps cranking up the exercises. If I push too much one day I pay for it the next, but I try to be careful. Getting up off the floor is still a challenge, my one therapy exercise is on the floor, so I know I'm not ready to work under a truck yet. Pushing, pulling and lifting still has me pretty limited.

Mobility with the truck is limited. Turns out the fuel pump needs replaced...

Sent from my kite using a trebuchet

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Recovery is progressing, they're guessing another 1-2 months of therapy before I'm released for work. Starting into the more advanced therapy to bring me back up to working condition.

My 88 is still sitting collecting rust. Need to get some progress made on it at some point so that it's movable and I'll go back to taking my time fixing it up. I'd like to get the radius arms welded up, brakes done, and the motor put back together (I want it movable under its own power).

My Ranger has proven to be a problem child. Replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, tune-up, third brake light, fixed a water leak in the cab (I hope it's fixed), front brakes (calipers were half seized), and some other odds and ends. Glad I found someone local willing to work on it for me. Need to find a good drivers side frame section for it at some point.

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
Damn man! Good to hear you are recovering at a good pace though.

It is actually refreshing to see a community come together and help another member out in any way they can.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Yup, the good news is that my doctor thinks I'll be able to return to driving a manual transmission at some point after therapy is over, so I shouldn't have to convert all of my trucks to auto. Have to see how things go, I may end up having to daily an auto and just run the manuals part time.

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
That's all good news. Means you don't have to keep looking for vehicles and can concentrate on yours. Glad you're doing better.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Yup, therapy is more strength training now and working on agility. Starting to see about lining up work too so I can dive right in when I'm ready.

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
Yup, therapy is more strength training now and working on agility. Starting to see about lining up work too so I can dive right in when I'm ready.

How's the therapy and recovering coming?

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
How's the therapy and recovering coming?

Kept meaning to find this thread and post up. I'm out of therapy and released for work, unfortunately I haven't been able to get much work yet. Starting to worry about meeting the next round of bills. I'll take any prayers anyone wants to send my way, really want to get back to earning a living.

As far as recovery, I'm getting better. I'm probably around 80% or so compared to pre-injury. Which puts me at far better than I was pre-surgery

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
Kept meaning to find this thread and post up. I'm out of therapy and released for work, unfortunately I haven't been able to get much work yet. Starting to worry about meeting the next round of bills. I'll take any prayers anyone wants to send my way, really want to get back to earning a living.

As far as recovery, I'm getting better. I'm probably around 80% or so compared to pre-injury. Which puts me at far better than I was pre-surgery

Glad you're feeling better. Prayers are being sent your way. Yea, bills are always going to suck, and you just gotta take everything one day at a time, slowly. And don't spend frivolously.

Good luck, man. You'll be back to your old self in only a couple more months! :headbang:

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Glad you're feeling better. Prayers are being sent your way. Yea, bills are always going to suck, and you just gotta take everything one day at a time, slowly. And don't spend frivolously.

Good luck, man. You'll be back to your old self in only a couple more months! :headbang:

Thank you! Yea, bills are never fun, I just hate feeling like I'm drowning from them instead of keeping up. Now that I'm feeling better I'm anxious to have the money to get my dump truck back up and running, needs the heads fixed among other things. Really excited about getting moving and I want to set the world on fire (well, at least my little part of it, lol).

I did end up dumping a ton of money into tools the last couple years. Most I could have survived without, but they give me some major advantages in what I can do and how efficiently I can do it. I kinda had to before surgery, I needed every advantage I could get. So it's one of those things that I'm kinda second guessing, but I think it was right to buy them.

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Yep, bills suck. Buy if you're living life they're always there. Kinda like grown kids, always there in you life lol. Good luck, things eventually get better.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Oh, and my little new to me Ranger is slowly coming together. Had to replace the fuel pump and fix the frame, but it's slowly getting customized to my likes. Still have a few issues to address on it and it could use some more custom work like tint, but I'm happy with it. Starting to draw up a plan to stuff a V-8 in it. Soon as I can get out of the work rut, maybe I can make things happen with my projects.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Hip still isn’t 100%, but as long as I remember to work smarter instead of harder and take a break once in awhile, it’s relatively happy. Been running like a nut lately trying to build my business back up and moonlighting doing some mechanic work.

Holyford came down for a few days, was nice to get to hang out and tinker with some projects, really can’t thank him enough.

I spent this past weekend up near Erie helping a friend from another forum with fixing up his new place. Really appreciate how people are willing to help others on these forums

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Wow...12,000+ views and looks like you're getting there...:icon_thumby:

Thanks for the update...:)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals