• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rant about vehicles....

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
Not that anyone cares but what better use of a public forum then to let off some sarcastic steam...

Im seriously about had it with my ranger. Ive done everything i know to do and it STILL floods on coasting. My mechanic dont even want to mess with it anymore, and i think its time to find a new one, after he forgot to tighten my damn distributor down when he timed it. Not a huge deal, but they always do this crap.

So, i thought "F-it ill put the old 77 back on the road", it needs a brake line, a vaccuum hose, pretty straightfoward shit. So as im poking around under the hood i notice the acclerator pump plunger is stuck. Now ive had this happen before when stuff sits, but not to this extent.

I tapped with a hammer, soaked in WD40, more then tapped it, SOB wouldnt budge. So after going to get some tools, and tripping over shit the wife just throws in there, i lose my balance and land on my 78 MTD Garden tractor, which, is also screwed up and something else i need to get fixed...soon.

Anyways, go pull the acclerator pump shhhhtuff off the old 77, take it in the shop, and heat it up (just slightly), wack it with a real hammer, and....holy shit it moved!

My joy was soon dashed however when i realized now it wont come back the other way. I tried and tried and in my frusteration i got pissed at the little push level and tried to move it out of the way. Snapping the whole sumbitchin arm right off the damn thing. Score 1 for rusty.

My 4 wheeler is also f'ed up, it has no 4wd, the rear springs are done, and now its decided to magically jerk to the right at random (hoping its a arm bushings).

Then, i discovered my damn camper has a roof leak (very very minor, caught it in time), but more junk to fix (the damn thing is only 6 yrs old, but of course the warrenty doesnt cover roof stuff).

Ok i feel better now.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Definitely not a good day and definitely calls for a rant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
ethanol gas is the de b il...

:dunno:

cure for 2.9....:icon_confused:

yes there is one.....:icon_thumby:

doooo ittttt.

:thefinger::thefinger:

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Is that a carbed 2.9 intake?????????????

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
:icon_confused:

yeah...

they make them for everything.....

you really didnt know that?? :shok:

you can make one for next to nothing from what ya got. i was serious when i posted it in the other thread.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
you need to make a diffuser for it which will be a long trial and error...with a wide band and good temp gun you could get it ok over a weekend if you limited the beers to 30 or so...

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo

yeah...

you can make one for next to nothing from what ya got. i was serious when i posted it in the other thread.

If i cant figure this damn EFI shit out then i may seriously consider it. Hell i got a trailer and youre only about 2 hrs away....:icon_hornsup:

Im beginning to suspect its the exhaust to be honest. I fixed the busted EGR pipe today somewhat properly and it made it better.

But the only real gaping hole is at the cat to y pipe gasket. Which is after the O2....its close to it, but still after it.

I found it. Tom morana. If i had the money/time id buy a bunch of their stuff just to see how hot a 2.9 can get.

Last edited:

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
if you used the method i outlined in the other thread....it would sound wicked wot.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
i am about 12 hrs east of you....the place my family lives is 2 hrs east.

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Not that anyone cares but what better use of a public forum then to let off some sarcastic steam...

Im seriously about had it with my ranger. Ive done everything i know to do and it STILL floods on coasting. My mechanic dont even want to mess with it anymore, and i think its time to find a new one, after he forgot to tighten my damn distributor down when he timed it. Not a huge deal, but they always do this crap.

So, i thought "F-it ill put the old 77 back on the road", it needs a brake line, a vaccuum hose, pretty straightfoward shit. So as im poking around under the hood i notice the acclerator pump plunger is stuck. Now ive had this happen before when stuff sits, but not to this extent.

I tapped with a hammer, soaked in WD40, more then tapped it, SOB wouldnt budge. So after going to get some tools, and tripping over shit the wife just throws in there, i lose my balance and land on my 78 MTD Garden tractor, which, is also screwed up and something else i need to get fixed...soon.

Anyways, go pull the acclerator pump shhhhtuff off the old 77, take it in the shop, and heat it up (just slightly), wack it with a real hammer, and....holy shit it moved!

My joy was soon dashed however when i realized now it wont come back the other way. I tried and tried and in my frusteration i got pissed at the little push level and tried to move it out of the way. Snapping the whole sumbitchin arm right off the damn thing. Score 1 for rusty.

My 4 wheeler is also f'ed up, it has no 4wd, the rear springs are done, and now its decided to magically jerk to the right at random (hoping its a arm bushings).

Then, i discovered my damn camper has a roof leak (very very minor, caught it in time), but more junk to fix (the damn thing is only 6 yrs old, but of course the warrenty doesnt cover roof stuff).

Ok i feel better now.
This sounds like my luck. Everyone always says it gets worse before it gets better and I swear mine was getting worse and worse for about a few months before finally something gave way. I cant help too much on the truck issues but the camper is an easy fix. I work at an RV dealership and I've seen it all after almost 4 years of this business. You can buy the self leveling sealant at any RV dealership for $8-13 depending on what type you get. Most manufactures have only a 1-2 year warranty, after that its one you or the 4extended warranty which the extended warranties don't really cover much other than mechanical failures. Sealant has always been the issue with people. They don't understand that sealant goes bad after 1-3 years and needs redone. If I had a camper (not likely gonna happen) I would check over the seals often. Water is a campers nemesis.

Craig0320

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Break it right the first time. Fix it better the next time.

yeah...

I thought you already told him about this a couple of weeks ago. :icon_confused:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals