• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

suspension lift for 2004 ranger 4x4

04redranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V6 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 2004 ford ranger 4x4. So far ive got a 3icnh body lift and torsion key leveling kit. Right now im running 33inch BFG mud terrains. I was wondering if i can get any kind of suspension lift with out going to a solid front axle on the front.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
why do you want a suspension lift on your truck? how old are the 33's? you planning on going with 35's? 33's with a torsion crank and 3"BL looks about perfect to me... any higher and the tires are going to look funny small...

04redranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V6 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
The main reason i want to do a suspension lift is becase of ground clearance, lately i've been getting into mud deep enough that frame sits on it. Then the weight is taken off of the tires and so you just sit and spin. Also it would give me more clearance for the tire. Right now with the 33's i still rub my rear tires on the bed. The tires are barely a month old and already have serious cuts in them.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
have you thought about shackles and cranking your torsions all the way? my truck, even with my front sway disconnected i can't get near enough front travel to scuff, the rear at full flex will... i put expo leafs, and belltech 6400 shackels on... i would put the expo leafs on first, then if you have the shock clearance, put the shackles on, rather than removing the blocks, the shackles and blocks give about as much clearance when static, the difference is that the shackles when fully flexed will be in the same spot roughly, as the stock shackles, which is where you have issues... the blocks will move your wheels 2" down regardless... if you have blocks... if not, go get a set from the jy... they will wear out your springs faster, but i would rather replace a set of springs than a set of tires...

04redranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V6 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Do you think with 2 inch blocks in the back the torsion keys will be able to raise the front enough to keep the truck level.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Do you think with 2 inch blocks in the back the torsion keys will be able to raise the front enough to keep the truck level.
depends on how much they cranked them when they put the new keys in, stock you can turn the bolts enough to give you about 3"

try cranking them up before putting the blocks in... just remember to get an alignment after you do any adjusting of the bars

04redranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V6 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
okay. one last thing. its going to make it ride rough with them twisted that much wont it. im not worried just wondering.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i didn't notice anything when i cranked mine, though i'm not maxed... you could do the blocks and not worry about cranking them, but it's going to give you a rake...

it would probably be about the same as the difference in ride when they installed your current torsion keys

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals