• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

coil spring spacer

schneiderz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 4 cylider
Transmission
Automatic
hey I have a 03 ranger does anyone make coil spring spacer for it?

YamahaWR200

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yes. It should be the same as for from like 98-2010 ish.. I believe they are all the same.. But you can search ebay and find them for really cheap.

schneiderz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 4 cylider
Transmission
Automatic
ok thanks also how did you put two coil spring spacers on your truck. was it one on the bottom and one on the top or were they stacked?

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
no stacking just a single spacer that is whatever height you are looking for at the top of the coil i believe

schneiderz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 4 cylider
Transmission
Automatic
Ok but YahamaWR200 has 2 2.5 inch spacers on each spring so I was wondering how he did that?

YamahaWR200

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah.. I put one on top and one on bottom.. But I would STRONGLY urge you NOT to do that.. It is a SHI*** ride!! Way too stiff up front. I did it cause it was what I could afford at the different times. It was just to get me by.

If you want more, you would be WAY better off getting a 3" lift coil.. Way nicer ride. (which I will be doing soon to replace my spacers) You can get them new online for around $110+shipping.. This is probably where i'm gonna get mine when I have the funds. Not necessarily the best, but will be a heck of a lot better than what I have..

http://shop.suspensionmax.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/5276192/vpcsid/7184730/SFV/32526

You can also just buy a set of used springs and pray they aren't sacked out. I just want to go new so I don't have to worry about it..

YamahaWR200

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah.. I put one on top and one on bottom.. But I would STRONGLY urge you NOT to do that.. It is a SHI*** ride!! Way too stiff up front. I did it cause it was what I could afford at the different times. It was just to get me by.

If you want more, you would be WAY better off getting a 3" lift coil.. Way nicer ride. (which I will be doing soon to replace my spacers) You can get them new online for around $110+shipping.. This is probably where i'm gonna get mine when I have the funds. Not necessarily the best, but will be a heck of a lot better than what I have..

http://shop.suspensionmax.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/5276192/vpcsid/7184730/SFV/32526

You can also just buy a set of used springs and pray they aren't sacked out. I just want to go new so I don't have to worry about it..

But if you feel the need to run dual spacers, I am running one of the polyurethane or hard rubber ones up top and the steel one on the bottom. The steel one is like the horseshoe one posted above and the rubber one is a full donut... If you are only going with one, I personally would recommend the full rubber donut one because it will be quieter if anything moves. Where as the metal one may make noise.

Also remember you will need to get new shocks as well.. I ran the 4 wheel drive shocks in mine. The bolt holes don't line up, but I just got my angle grinder and turn one hole on one side into a slot.. And just cut it to the edge.. That way it saves you having to buy "lift shocks" for the front at least..

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals