• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Aftermarket Fog/Driving lights?

bruker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Has anyone found a decent set of aftermarket lights that can be mounted behind the grill and yet still provide a good field of light and not glare into oncoming traffic?

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
You can get the 18w fog lights on ebay for really cheap. Just angle them downward and the glare wont bother oncoming traffic. Yet the lights are plenty bright enough to actually get use out of them. I got pair of them mounted where the factory fog lights would have been and I don't ever have people flashing their brights at me. I actually just got another pair and mounted them to the rear hitch for reverse lights. I plan on wiring them to a switch instead of the reverse switch so I can use it as a work light or a trailer hitch light if needed.... or blind the dumbass behind me riding my ass (happens a lot).

55trucker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
-
Total Drop
mild
how many lumens (brightness) do you want the bulbs to be capable of?

an average halogen low filament is approx 950-1000 lumens, the highs are approx 1800 lumens.

oncoming glare is controlled by the lens refraction (fog vs. driving) & the lamp aiming.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals