• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2008 F150 XLT Supercab 5.4 Radio and Odometer Illumination Issue

chris16371

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
My F150 radio is a little dim on both the right and left side and my odometer backlight doesn't work. Sometimes the radio will dim to the point you can barely see the last numbers of the clock and first numbers of radio station and usually when that happens the odometer backlight will work then. I'm assuming both are a related issue and was wondering if anyone has an idea of what it could be. Appreciate the help, thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

chris16371

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
This must not be a common problem. I've posted in 2 F150 forums also with no luck lol. Hopefully doesn't cost me an arm and a leg to take it somewhere lol.

chris16371

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Also I'll throw another question with this. I was thinking of putting Ford's nav radio in, will a 2008 F150 Nav radio be a direct fit or will I need to make some modifications? Obviously I won't be doing any sort of switch until I figure out the electrical issue I'm having.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals