• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

flowmaster 44 vs 10

joshkeller

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hey guys, i currently have a SI/SI flowmaster 44 on my 2010 ranger sport. However, it beginning to rust, and has a dent knocked into it, and im looking to replace it. I like the way it sounds, but a little louder wont hurt my feelings. Just how much louder is the 10 series? I had the 44 dumped, and for some reason, it cut down the volume compared to running it out at a 45 degree angle by the trailer hitch. It MAY have been the cheap pipe i was using, but it definitely cut the volume down.

bf750

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
2. Crap
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
33 1250 15
My credo
It is what it is
I like the 44 two chamber

Mike Tonon

Looking to keep my stock, single exhaust, except maybe throw on a flowmaster muffler. I’m looking for just a slightly loader sound. Like a v8 sound. How will this work? 2007 4.0

Thanks

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The original 40 series is louder than the 44. The 44 is based on the delta flow design. Which does mellow the tone to a degree. The 40 series is the loudest “street muffler” they offer.

The super 10 is the same as the cherry bomb extreme essentially. Very few differences between them.

Here’s a tip. Summit racing sells a muffler that’s the flowmaster 40. Flowmaster lost their patent. Jones mufflers and summit racing have the exact replica mufflers for a fraction of the price.

The thrush welded sounds similar. But I’ve found it to be quieter than a true flowmaster.

To answer your question mike. I’d run a summit street strip muffler. Or a thrush welded. Will deepen the tone of your exhaust without making it too loud for everyday driving

Daniel Black

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
205/60R15 & 225/60R15
Maybe not the best comparison but I ran a Super 10 on my '87 2.3. Long tube header, no cat, about 10" of pipe, a Super 10 and a turn down about at the back of the cab and it was annoyingly loud. With pipe on out the back it would have helped with interior noise but still. It did have a pretty good tone when my ears weren't bleeding. I don't know how it's possible but I think it was louder with the 10 than with straight pipe.

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Give 'yer balls a tug. Fight me.
Have a Flowmaster FlowFX on a 2.5" pipe on mine. I love it. It's loud, but doesn't drone. It does sound very "euro," though.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals