• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Performance!!!

$REBELCOWBOY$

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 cyl. 2.3L
Transmission
Manual
ok i have a 1994 ford ranger xl single cab long bed with the 2.3 L 4cl 5spd manaul trans 2wd i am wantin to kno of a parts magazine or web site that i can get or go to cuz i was wantin to kno if i can put like a turbo or cold air intake on my motor plus wat ever toher parts i can find or like circle track racing parts or drag parts for the motor an possibly racing suspension for a pre-runner. if anyonee knows plz let me know! thankyou...

Heavyfire14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
lmc truck magizine... fabtechmotorsports.com is great quality suspension... ebay... um... n e 1 else got any???

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
esslinger, their parts are $$ but they have it...

biggest bang for the buck is getting an engine out of a thunderbird turbocoupe, pretty much 200hp...

actually, I'll rephrase that, best bang for the buck is just shifting in the power band, most people don't with these things and complain about power. A lot of these threads have in them a phrase like "why doesn't this dang thing have any power? I shift at 1500rpm, it has to be the engines fault!" shift at 4500-5000rpm and you'll get all the power the thing has to offer.

Bryan22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 extd
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
94 2.3
Transmission
Manual
+1 everyone has some preconceived notion that spinnin the motor up there is gonna kill it. I can personally vouch for my 2.3 being at 5k for about 5 miles at a time and never complaining. Drive it like you stole it! haha. hard to hurt these motors.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
you could drive constantly at 6000rpm and not hurt the thing. The bottom end of a 200hp turbo engine is the same as a 90hp N/A engine the only difference being the forged pistons on the turbo engine. The bottom end is supposed to be able to handle about 350hp if I remember right.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals