• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1997 f250

RangerKing1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy
Engine Size
6.5 diesel
Transmission
Manual
So, as most know, I am the RANGERKING of Galax Va. I have recently traded my 4x4 1992 Ford Ranger in even on a 1997 F250 Heavy Duty truck with the 7.5 liter engine (460ci), 5spd manual transmission, and 4x4. Truck is a long bed, with the leaf spring suspension, gooseneck and bumper tow systems, and is a 3/4 ton truck and already set up for dually wheels on rear. I recently took to a local truck pull after owning it a week and first time ever pulling in my life, took 2nd place with it and won $250. It pulled 281 feet on a 300 foot track. Guy that got first only beat my by 1' 6", I was well upset. However Im pretty well content with this truck. I am in need of some parts for it tho.

Guy I got it from put stacks on it and REMOVED the front fuel tank, and I have NO tailgate, and the driver side of seat is tore up pretty bad. If you have any of this, please CALL or TEXT me on my cell at 276-779-3800 with pics and prices to Galax Va 24333. I am also looking local. Thanks

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
other than the stacks...

looks good. need bigger pics.

wizkid00104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/5.4L
Transmission
Manual
No diesel = No stacks (except for the Dodge Little Red Express)

I bet someone would pay good money for those too...

What kinda mileage you get in that little engine? :shok:

RangerKing1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy
Engine Size
6.5 diesel
Transmission
Manual
Looks good on the truck itself however stacks ARE NOT hooked up. Just for looks. Gas mileage is 15 per gallon average from what I have drove with-in the time I have had it. May sell the stacks if right person made the right offer for em. They re off a Freight Shaker semi so they are fairly big. (5in Diameter)

wizkid00104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/5.4L
Transmission
Manual
I wonder what I am doing wrong. My 04 F250 gets 12 mpg and I baby it. I never thought 460 would even see double digits. You got yourself an economy truck there :icon_thumby:

Jraymer360

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Looks good on the truck itself however stacks ARE NOT hooked up. Just for looks. Gas mileage is 15 per gallon average from what I have drove with-in the time I have had it. May sell the stacks if right person made the right offer for em. They re off a Freight Shaker semi so they are fairly big. (5in Diameter)
I wonder what I am doing wrong. My 04 F250 gets 12 mpg and I baby it. I never thought 460 would even see double digits. You got yourself an economy truck there :icon_thumby:
why do i doubt that you get 15 mpg? that or your the best driver in the world! :icon_thumby:

5 inch stacks are a normal size. i've seen as big as 8 inchers on diesel pickups, primarily 1 8 inch tho.

RangerKing1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy
Engine Size
6.5 diesel
Transmission
Manual
Truck is EFI and is babied everywhere. Used mostly as a daily driven truck to and from work but never comes out of 4 gear. Take it easy and keep foot out of the throttle and you will get good gas milage. Truck is also low geared and excellent on gas in my opinion for a 460. Ive never had a big block this good on gas. Not sure why it is so good but it is. I can go to our local truck pull that is 27 miles away, and pull in truck pull and come back home on $10 in gas. Im not a big ford man but I love this one.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals