• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Spacer lift issues...

Stephenmoore009

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
So this is something I’ve been dealing with for the past couple months. I ordered some 2.5” spacers for the front coils. The cheap plastic ones that come with the bolt extender that runs through the center of the coil.

Anyway I installed them but the didn’t have the one flat side for the spring to slide over the narrow top portion, the spring kinda just rested on top at an angle but still had the bolt to hold everything together. I drove it around the block and parked it so I could take it to the alignment shop the following week. (The height is perfect..!!!)

So I take it to the alignment shop and he comes out and looks at it and says I need pivot drop brackets.... (bummer) but I drive it back to the shop and leave it so I can order the brackets and have them installed.

They finally come in after about a week and a half, and they didn’t fit for anything..! Had to cut one support bracket completely off and re-weld it so the pivot bracket would bolt up straight. And on the other bracket it had a separate support that was supposed to bolt onto the side that was 3 inches to short. So I made a spacer for it that worked out pretty well...

I get it all put back together and the truck was setting all the way back down to where I started..???
I ordered 2-4” brackets but when I took it to the Alignment shop he said they where 6” drop brackets but he could redrill the pivot bolt holes and just move them up... so he does that and when I go to get it, it’s setting just a tad higher than when I took it and the wheels are still toe’ed in. But he said that was the best he could do with it...

I was thinking and under the impression that when I started this “Spacer Lift” all I would need is the spacers, maybe longer shocks (I put new shocks and tires all around) and then new camber eccentrics..??? Am I correct or am I wrong..?

I really loved the way it looked with just the spacers and nothing else (suspension wise).... how can I lift just the front 2-2.5 inches...? :dunno:

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Do you have any pics of these brackets installed on your truck?

If you have 6" brackets and 2.5" spacers, you would have had some serious negative camber. Did you also lower the radius arms?

Did the alignment shop install some fully adjustable bushings?

Stephenmoore009

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I can’t ever get pictures to upload on here, but I do believe they was the 6” drop brackets. He did redrill the holes to move the pivot bolts up where they need to be, but I don’t believe he did use the eccentric’s like he should have... I really haven’t drove it much since I picked it up and I didn’t look to see if the eccentrics have been moved any at all.
I recently deleted the pictures from my phone anyway.

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
You can upload images to a site like imgur.com and then link them here

But, to answer your question about the lift. To get 2.5" of lift, use spacers and factory pivot brackets. Your front end should look like this:

Stephenmoore009

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thank you for the image, before I bought the pivot brackets it looked exactly like that, only my spacers are that fiber/plastic blend (I forget the name of the stuff)... I believe I’m going to put the factory brackets back on and take it to a different alignment shop and tell them they need to order the eccentrics or if I can get them I’ll take them with it...!

I really appreciate the help..!!! :beer:

Denisefwd93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
stock, may get leveling springs in front "somday"
Tire Size
I can’t ever get pictures to upload on here, but I do believe they was the 6” drop brackets. He did redrill the holes to move the pivot bolts up where they need to be, but I don’t believe he did use the eccentric’s like he should have... I really haven’t drove it much since I picked it up and I didn’t look to see if the eccentrics have been moved any at all.
I recently deleted the pictures from my phone anyway.
Down load tapatalk. easy to load pics

Stephenmoore009

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Down load tapatalk. easy to load pics
I’ll try it.. thanks..!

And I ordered those fully adjustable eccentrics this morning. When they get here I’ll put thestock brackets back on and take it to the local 4x4 shop for an alignment... maybe they’ll know what’s up...:icon_rofl:

lvwill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
265/65/17
Honestly the best way to find an alignment shop that knows the ttb suspension is to go on Google maps and and search for alignment shops. And look for a shop that specializes in custom vehicles and hotrods. Call and ask to talk to the shop manager or the owner and ask some questions. These places are usually small mom and pop shops that are booked solid for weeks in advance but have people that know what they are doing. The shop I finally found here in Vegas absolutely refused to use the adjustable bushings and spent well over 3 hours with the owner doing test drives to make sure that it was in spec and actually drove right.

This was A 69.95 alignment job they swapped out the bushings I had for others they had on the wall.

Last edited:

Stephenmoore009

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Honestly the best way to find an alignment shop that knows the ttb suspension is to go on Google maps and and search for alignment shops. And look for a shop that specializes in custom vehicles and hotrods. Call and ask to talk to the shop manager or the owner and ask some questions. These places are usually small mom and pop shops that are booked solid for weeks in advance but have people that know what they are doing. The shop I finally found here in Vegas absolutely refused to use the adjustable bushings and spent well over 3 hours with the owner doing test drives to make sure that it was in spec and actually drove right.

This was A 69.95 alignment job they swapped out the bushings I had for others they had on the wall.

The original shop I took it to has had our business for 40 years, I’m just not sure why they couldn’t do this job. They do specialized hot rods and suspension swaps all the time. I’ve known the owner all my life so I’m just not sure what the issue was... I figured if I took some adjustable bushings with me and handed them to someone they would then know it’s gonna be a more meticulous job... So I guess we’ll see what happens. I’ll call some off road shops first then if that doesn’t pan out I’ll try the original shop again. He knew it wasn’t perfect but he said it was the best he could do. Just have to wait and see I guess...:dunno:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals