• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ranger Newby looking for help

Steve's Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
2.5l I-4
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Today is the 1st day of the rest of my life.
Was a "car-guy" all my 77 years, but never had a truck. Just inherited a 2001 Ranger from my recently passed brother-in-law. Went to Atlanta to pick it up, and drove it back to Utah and fell in love with it. Got a lot of questions and hoping you ranger enthusiasts can provide some answers. Start with a couple of quickies;

1. Where can I seat covers for the 60/40 seats that will fit and stay in place?

2. Ford dealer is asking $300 for a tune up. Is that reasonable? Do I dare attempt doing it myself (limited mechanical expertise)?

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
Welcome to TRS. I don't know about the Seat Covers but I think $300 is reasonable for a tune up,iIf you are NOT comfortable doing it yourself. It's really not that hard to do though. You can do it yourself a lot cheaper. You are mostly paying for Labor fees.

fred m

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
12.5 cups
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
1. If you want seat covers that fit properly, check out Ruff Tuff covers. They look almost like factory upholstery once properly installed. Just fair warning, they are not cheap.
2. $300 doesn’t sound bad to me, although I personally can’t imagine paying someone else to do that kind of work for me (though my attitude may well be different if I were 77 - time will tell). Depends largely on what that dealer’s definition of a tune up is, and what all your truck may need. If you don’t want to do it yourself, I’d say go for it. I sincerely doubt a Ford dealer would intentionally screw you over too bad.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals