• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Flat Earther's

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Smart as a "whip" would be about right :)

Its a Belief, no reason to point out any Belief's flaws to the believer
Waste of your time and theirs

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
If the earth was flat then what keeps a trans contiential flight from ending up on mars?

Yes gravity. But a jet engine could overcome gravity pretty easy, obviously. If you take off from new york, head east around the world...you end up, eventually, back in new york.

If the earth was flat this couldnt be done.

But, but, but....

Of course it would work. You fly east, flip around the edge to the bottom side, fly to the other edge and flip back up to the top side and keep going east to New York.

---- Just sayin'

On the serious side, I believe the earth is roughly spherically shaped.

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I know a stupid hot local girl that's smart as a whip, and she honestly believes that the government is lying to us and the earth is flat. "Stupid" hot but she's in to conspiracy theories a little too much after being married to a Special Forces soldier for several years..

For the record, she's a "domed earther" not a "flat earther" - whatever the hell that means. lol

She had some extremely good arguments for her case, but I stumped her for good when I asked her how extreme northern locations experience months of darkness. Their entire theory centers around the sun revolving around a domed earth, so I kind of shattered her snow globe.

GB :)
Maybe she's thinking of the "reverse donut" type of earth. As in if you had wet concrete and you push a donut into it and pull it out you are left with a reverse donut. They said that's what explains the ice at the center and around the edges and also explains how Columbus could see the masts' of ships before he could see the ship itself. I heard about those other stories too about the brother and sister that had greenish/grey skin that showed up out of nowhere. There's also a big debate about what's underneath Antarctica. Some say their are pyramids and a huge city under there. There's also a "no fly zone" that can have some pretty crazy consequences for those who dare lol. There's another off the wall conspiracy about North Dakota not being real.... That one is really dumb but people actually believe it.

Attachments

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Its a Belief, no reason to point out any Belief's flaws to the believer
Waste of your time and theirs

I like to have interesting conversations with all sorts of people whenever I can, so it's hardly a waste of time on anyone's part. No different than discussing politics, or Ford vs Chevy, etc.. It all makes for interesting, thought provoking discussion, and learning about yourself and others, as well as learning new things in general.

Last edited:

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
There's another off the wall conspiracy about North Dakota not being real.... That one is really dumb but people actually believe it.
I think that ones is somewhat less dumb than the Flat Earth idea.

From what I can find most people who don't believe in ND don't think that the geographic area doesn't exist but that the state is a front for a large military operation and there are no actual civilians living there.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I like to have interesting conversations with all sorts of people whenever I can, so it's hardly a waste of time on anyone's part. No different thank discussing politics, or Ford vs Chevy, etc.. It all makes for interesting, thought provoking discussion, and learning about yourself and others, as well as learning new things in general.

I agree

Pointing out the flaws in anothers beliefs is where it changes from "thought provoking discussion" to a waste of time, and in some cases, a mean spirited attack on that belief.
But learning about someone else belief is fine, and questions about the belief is fine, but questioning the belief itself is not.

Politics and Ford Vs Chevy is different, these things exist, not a "belief", its an exchange of opinions.

I like Trump, Ford Trucks, but prefer Chevy cars

Last edited:

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
I think that ones is somewhat less dumb than the Flat Earth idea.

From what I can find most people who don't believe in ND don't think that the geographic area doesn't exist but that the state is a front for a large military operation and there are no actual civilians living there.
I've been to north dakota... I met both people who live there and they adamantly deny these allegations.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I've been to north dakota... I met both people who live there and they adamantly deny these allegations.
I read some more on this. The idea goes that since all the major highways and cities in ND are along the border they must be hiding something on the interior and trying to make it uninteresting enough and hard enough to access that nobody tries to go in any farther.

I wouldn't mind living up there, but it's too cold.

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
I agree

Pointing out the flaws in anothers beliefs is where it changes from "thought provoking discussion" to a waste of time, and in some cases, a mean spirited attack on that belief.
But learning about someone else belief is fine, and questions about the belief is fine, but questioning the belief itself is not.

Politics and Ford Vs Chevy is different, these things exist, not a "belief", its an exchange of opinions.

I like Trump, Ford Trucks, but prefer Chevy cars

All of this is just your opinion and nothing more. I, and anyone else, can do/discuss/debate whatever we want without your approval, and no, it's not wrong to do so.

I can question anyone's belief all I please, thanks..

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
If you don't questions peoples dumb beliefs how will they ever learn how stupid they are? :dunno:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If you don't questions peoples dumb beliefs how will they ever learn how stupid they are? :dunno:
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
All of this is just your opinion and nothing more. I, and anyone else, can do/discuss/debate whatever we want without your approval, and no, it's not wrong to do so.

I can question anyone's belief all I please, thanks..

Yes, just my point of view that when it comes to beliefs, no proof is needed so no disproof will sway the believer, as it should be with any belief

Last edited:

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
A belief is something you know to be true but cannot be proven. Facts have been proven to be true and opinions will never be swayed by facts or beliefs.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
a belief is something you believe to be true but cannot be proven. Facts have been proven to be true and opinions will never be swayed by facts or beliefs.
fify

1990RangerinSK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I wouldn't mind living up there, but it's too cold.
The climate here in Saskatchewan isn't that much different than North Dakota. You eventually get used to the cold. I walk four or five blocks one way to get my mail. I've been known to walk that when the wind chill is below -20*F, and I barely notice, because I'm dressed for it.

You'd love our summers up here in Saskatchewan, though. Daytime highs average around 80*F, the sun rises at 4:30am, and doesn't set until after 9:00pm.

Our landscape is generally flat, but we do have a number of lakes, river valleys, and even some forests.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals