• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Aftermarket alarm door locks

vbrad511

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey all, I just installed the alarm in my 2011 Ranger, and all is well. One thing I'm missing is the power locks. My truck has them, and I've got a good working factory FOB, but I want to set it up to use my alarm FOB. The aftermarket alarm has the function, I'm just having trouble locating a wiring diagram for the truck to show the wire colors and locations where I need to tap in to the factory PL's. Can you help? Thanks

vbrad511

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've found the oem wire listings, but my alarm has a 3 wire plug for the locks. One for lock, one for unlock, and one labelled 12v. Not sure where the 12v wire needs to go. Is it supposed to feed a relay (if the truck didn't have oem PL's), or am I supposed to add 12v to that wire? I've also heard tale about the locks being negative trigger. Is that true? If so, what will I need to do to make this setup work?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals