Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Truck Discussions (Not for tech help - Use Help Forums further down) > Ford Bronco II's

Notices

Ford Bronco II's Be sure to check out the Bronco II Corral!

Old 07-06-2010, 07:44 PM   #11
ragajungle

Vehicle Year: 1989
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Bronco II
I use this vehicle for: Wrench, Mud, Rinse, Repeat
ragajungle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedoc View Post
Nice truck, mine started as a project for my stepson about 6 years ago. He moved on to something else about 3 years ago. Since then it has been mine...muahahahaha!!! It has changed drastically since then and will continue to.
Got ant pics??
ragajungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement - Don't want to see the forum ads? Click HERE to find out how to be a Supporting Member.

5% Discount Code: 01783FE29A6986 Expires: December 30, 2018
Old 07-06-2010, 08:08 PM   #12
birddog321

Vehicle Model: Bronco 2
I use this vehicle for: Setting the woods on fire.
birddog321 is a glorious beacon of lightbirddog321 is a glorious beacon of lightbirddog321 is a glorious beacon of lightbirddog321 is a glorious beacon of lightbirddog321 is a glorious beacon of light

My buddy has a Rat Rod Beetle with a Home made rag top like yours and it gave me many nasty thoughts. He said he was going to ngive me the top he has now for the B2
birddog321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:15 PM   #13
ragajungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog321 View Post
My buddy has a Rat Rod Beetle with a Home made rag top like yours and it gave me many nasty thoughts. He said he was going to ngive me the top he has now for the B2
when I chopped the roof on Dylans B2 I was like "Oh NO! What have I done!" but then I drove it and was like "I made this truck the SHIZZLE!!" It is an absolute blast (until it rained). Right now he is working with his friend that works at West MArine in Racine to make a custom snug canvas top and colapsible frame - like the ones on boats... He'll be making 2 and I will be doing the mod to my truck as well. When and if that becomes a reality There will be PICS.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:19 PM   #14
ragajungle

FYI - I'll be in Burlington to work on Nephs truck this week - the alt belt snapped - bad bearing.... So I'll get pics of the Tonnue Top Roof Get-up.

ALSO Got a quote from Metzgir (SP?) Fabricators today to fix the rotten main support beam in the rear of my B2 - $250 includes materials and time. I'll be dropping it off on the 19th of July. He said - don't worry it'll be better than OEM, and well get it beefed up good. I'll be getting pics up soon after.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:47 PM   #15
Ranger Kip

Vehicle Year: 1999
Vehicle Make: Ford Fleet
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Daily Driver
My credo: Confused and Intolerant
Ranger Kip will become famous soon enoughRanger Kip will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ranger Kip Send a message via MSN to Ranger Kip Send a message via Yahoo to Ranger Kip Send a message via Skype™ to Ranger Kip

awsome build!, wish my uncle was 1/4 of you! I got a shit truck but got free parts to rebuild it, and I had to fight to get it from dad =P
PROJECTS
84 One Eye'd Beast - Status: Junked
79 Iron Horse - Status: Sold
99 Bingo - Status: Daily Driver
Ranger Kip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:49 PM   #16
ragajungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Kip View Post
awsome build!, wish my uncle was 1/4 of you! I got a shit truck but got free parts to rebuild it, and I had to fight to get it from dad =P
Both our B2's were crap (especially up here with all the rust) It makes it more rewarding to work on yer own rig -starting with nothing. If someone handed you a show truck off the bat you would never gain the wisdom and joy by doing it yourself. If you hada great truck right away you could never say "I built this I dint Buy It" my fist car was a total POS, but it taught me everything I needed to know about mechanics and engineering.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:21 PM   #17
trail B2

Vehicle Year: 1986
Vehicle Make: ford
Vehicle Model: bronco 2
I use this vehicle for: 4x4 and DD
trail B2 will become famous soon enough

I know what you mean when you said the first time you drove the B2 you liked it.I was thinking this isn't a very nice car but I really liked it.Here I am with only the rear end and transfer case the same and still loving it.

Got to give you credit had me laughing with the dog tire and the flip flops.Painted a real good picture in my mind.

Boy you guys in the rust belt sure have more challenges than the west coast.We have rust but nothing like what your dealing with.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:40 PM   #18
ragajungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by trail B2 View Post

Got to give you credit had me laughing with the dog tire and the flip flops.Painted a real good picture in my mind.
Yeah that was a tough morning... Having AAA-towing service would've been a plus. I had to carry the dog over my shoulders wearing flip flops when it was 12 degrees out. She was too freaked to walk & kept laying down. Thankfully it was only a mile away from the house.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:08 PM   #19
ragajungle

Gave some Lovin' tro Dylan's Bronco this weekend! Seafoamed, Replaced Alternator, Belts, Oil Change and Pics of the Top.

In WISCONSIN - What 16 year old doesn't redecorate the front of there whip in a snow storm?

Here is "A" pic of the top we fabbed up for Dylans B2 outta a Ranger Tonnueou (SP) cover. More to come-phone died during pictures - sorry

God - I feel like I just did this! I just replaced the ALt on my truck LAST weekend! now doing it on Dylans! LOL- Actually he did it- I was just ther for Moral Support.

ALSO replaced the CAI on his B2

Followed by a nice SEAFOAM!

I'm sure the neighbors will appreciate fewer mosquitoes!

We will be working on welding on the wheel arches for my B2 and the rotten rear frame next weekend-more pics to come

Last edited by ragajungle; 07-12-2010 at 03:23 AM. Reason: e
Old 07-11-2010, 09:21 PM   #20
ragajungle

ALSO These are the Wheel arches and cab corners coming from SoCo - hopefully in the next week - to cover up rotted azz wheel arches on my B2..

CANT WAIT!