• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 427ford

1. 427ford

Which rears interchange with '00?

Neighbor has a '00 Ranger with open 7.5, 3.73 ratio rear end. What years would I find a direct swap for his '00? How about a Mazda truck... what years are a direct swap?
  2. 427ford

Rack & Pinion?

Neighbor's got an '00 4x4 Ranger (V6, 5 speed), 150K on the clock. There's a knock in the rack and pinion when rocking the steering left / right. I grabbed the tie rod and it's not sloppy. Nothing 'feels' loose, but it's noisy. Listened to the rack with a poor man's stethoscope (screw...
  3. 427ford

Valve cover gaskets?

Need to replace the vv cover gaskets on my '94 4.0 The local parts stores sell a 4 piece gasket kit. 2 vv cover and what looks like 2 intake gaskets(?) My service manual isn't very specific about this... to replace the vv cover gaskets, do I actually have to pull off the intake plenum or...
  4. 427ford

What's it worth?

Just picked up an '04 F250 so I'll probably be selling the Ranger, soon. What would you say is a fair price? '94 Ranger 4x4, XLT, ext cab, 5 speed, long bed. Currently has 290K miles. Interior very good. Body very good. Shifter bushings, Ball joints, spring perches and shackles, front...
  5. 427ford

Opinions on aftermarket power mirror?

Need a right side power mirror for my '94 Ranger. Anyone have an experience with the aftermarket mirrors being sold on ebay...
  6. 427ford

Spring bushings...

Getting all the stuff together to replace the brackets on the rear leaf springs. Figured I'll do the spring bushings while I'm in there. Should I go with rubber replacment type bushings or Polyurethane. Suspension is stock (no lift). If you think urethane are the way to go.. where's a...
  7. 427ford

SLOPPY shifter on 5 speed?

About 90K ago, I had a reman 5 spd put in our '94 4x4. Maybe the last 40K or so, the shifter has progressivly gotten more and more play in it. Tranny works fine, other than the sloppy shifter. Are there any bushings or other parts that are known to wear on these shifters / trannys? If it's...
  8. 427ford

Checking in...

Wife picked up a '94 4.0 Ranger when the model year started. We're up to 290,000 plus miles, with viturally no problems. I used to frequent fordranger.com a long time ago, but now am checking in here to help / receive tech support. In case you're wondering about the username, I used to...
  9. 427ford

Fan Clutch...

1994 Ranger with 4.0 I'm replacing the radiator (leaky) and fan (cracked). I don't have the 'special tool' to hold the water pump pulley while loosening the fan clutch nut. I tried a strap wrench but the pump is still turning. Any other suggestions on how to hold it? Also.. according...
  10. 427ford

Front speaker size?

What's the size of the speakers in the door. I have a '94 supercab with AM/FM/ Cassette.
  11. 427ford

Radiator Shroud?

I bought a new 2 row core radiator for my Ranger (4.0, 5 speed, with A/C). The radiator is for an auto tranny. Will the stock (manual tranny) fan shroud be OK or do I need to get one for an auto tranny type, since the two row core is 'thicker' than the stock radiator?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad