• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What's it worth?

427ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Just picked up an '04 F250 so I'll probably be selling the Ranger, soon.

What would you say is a fair price?

'94 Ranger 4x4, XLT, ext cab, 5 speed, long bed. Currently has 290K miles. Interior very good. Body very good. Shifter bushings, Ball joints, spring perches and shackles, front U-joints, cooling system just overhauled. Last year or two: reman tranny, clutch, windshield, A/C compressor & hoses, brake overhaul (drilled rotors, rear drums, wheel bearings, Warn manual hubs, brake hoses, brake pads / shoes / hardware, front wheel bearings). Has bed mat, SS hide-a-hooks, Extang "full tilt" tonneau cover. Wife bought actually ordered this truck and has used it as her commuter vehicle so it's never been lifted or off road.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
with that many miles I'd say $1000 to $1500 if it is in top shape (no hidden Problem) and has a 4.0L. You can buy 4x4 exlporers all day long for less that 2 grand with less miles.

hows the rust?

Hypnotic Toast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V6
Transmission
Automatic
with that many miles I'd say $1000 to $1500 if it is in top shape (no hidden Problem) and has a 4.0L. You can buy 4x4 exlporers all day long for less that 2 grand with less miles.

hows the rust?
x2. Those miles will be a big factor to any buyer.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I'd say 1500-2000. But that is what one would probably go for here in washington, body rot/ condition is not really an issue here.

Prices are different everywhere in the country though. I think cars tend to sell for more here on the west coast than they do on the east coast.

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0, abused and misunderstood
Transmission
Manual
I'd say 1500-2000. But that is what one would probably go for here in washington, body rot/ condition is not really an issue here.

Prices are different everywhere in the country though. I think cars tend to sell for more here on the west coast than they do on the east coast.
you are 100% correct. the life of a vehicle here in the rust belt is heavily dependent on owner care. a vehicle that is old with alot of miles can be had for at or below scrap price. a friend of mine just got a xj with 160ish on the clock for 250 bucks. it has minor issues but at that price who cares.

427ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
hows the rust?
Only sign of rust is just above where the tailpipe comes out, at the RR 1/4 panel. Even looks good under the doors, rockers, cab corners, and radiator support.

By far, this is the best truck I've ever owned. Hate to see it go but can't justify paying insurance on 4 cars / trucks right now. I'm going to put a set of valve cover gaskets on it tomorrow, detail it in and out and put 'er up for sale.

Appreciate all the input. I agree with the price range you guys have mentioned.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals