• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 4cd-air

1. Motor position ?

When you guys swap to 5.0 based engines does the swap kit offset the drive train to the passenger side like the rear end is offset?
  2. New ranger 5.4 s/c build and pics

Started setting motor in and fabricating mounts and exhaust. I really didn't realize how tall the mod motors are. I won't have any stealth with crap hanging over the hood but i refuse to loose the blower!
  3. Upper control arm ?

I have a 01 ranger 2wd with upper arms that are rectangular in construction. I believe I saw some rangers in the salvage yard that had tubular upper arms. Does anybody know what years have them and if they will interchange? Thanks.
  4. New ranger 5.4 s/c build and pics

Thanks for the support! I will need much help to make all this happen. Here is a few pics of the floating rear end finally installed. I will put the ladder bars on when final ride height is obtained with all components installed.
  5. New ranger 5.4 s/c build and pics

Got the rails boxed and crossmembers installed. Now on to building the floating rear end with ladder bars.
  6. Quick steering rack question.

I looked everywhere i could think of and can't find out if ford made a 98-09 ranger with a manual steering rack. If it is in tech in sorry I didn't find it.
  7. New ranger 5.4 s/c build and pics

Started boxing the frame rails today and relocated the hangers to the inside.
  8. When and how much did you pay for your Ranger?

Got my 01 two weeks ago. Looked like a kid owned it and had a rod screaming to get out, but it was only 1k.
  9. New ranger 5.4 s/c build and pics

Put wheels and tires on to position body and determine desired ride height.now I just need to make it sit like this when it's all together.
  10. New ranger 5.4 s/c build and pics

Pics so far.
  11. New ranger 5.4 s/c build and pics

Starting this for my build thread. I have my 2001 ranger, 5.4 s/c lightning motor w/trans, 8.8 explorer 3.73 locker, and lots on order. Pics next.
  12. Hi guys, new here.

Here's my lightning and my new project
  13. Hi guys, new here.

I am new to the ranger world. I have always been a full sized guy. I have a 2004 ford lightning with built motor, Whipple, and all the other crap. It is a high 10 sec 1/4 mile and a driver. Just bought a 2001 ranger and started prepping to put a 5.4 s/c lightning motor and trans in it. I want to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad