• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 87Rangerdude

1. 87Rangerdude

ranger dually

anyone have a link to info for the hubs that allow you to have dual rear tires? i remember seeing info about them in the past but cant find it.
  2. 87Rangerdude

a4ld swap

i have an 85 2.8 with what i believe is either a C3 or an A4ld in it, and an a4ld from a 90' 2.9 will the swap require any hardware swap?
  3. 87Rangerdude

93 f150 dash lights

okay so i have a 93 f150 that has a fubar dome/dash/headlight switch. first off let me explain the symptoms...when its pulled to the headlight position, headlights do not work, but amber lights do, up until about 2 weeks ago the dash adjustment worked about half the time, which seems to me that...
  4. 87Rangerdude

85 2.8 a4ld to 90' 2.9 a4ld swap, have questions

first off, i purchased a 1990 ranger 2.9l a4ld that has been rebuilt recently, from what info i've gathered is that it will work on the 85 but i need to swap the electronics? i've never dealt with automatic transmissions so im pretty lost.
  5. 87Rangerdude

1993 f150

just got the camera working and figured i'd show off my f150 that i bought from my stepdad for 1,000 bucks. its got the 4.9L I6 auto tranny 2wd. planning on new shocks/springs soon.
  6. 87Rangerdude

new toy

i just got a new toy the other day, i bought it from my dad. its a 1993 F150 excab shortbed with the 300 inline. its got some aftermarket stuff like running boards and little stuff like that, but its a good looking truck. ill get some pics up asap
  7. 87Rangerdude

will a C5 bolt up to my 85 2.8auto?

my question is..will a c5 auto tranny bolt up to my 2.8L which previously had an A4LD in it without any modification/parts swap? the seals just went out on my A4ld and i found a rebuilt C5 for 200 bucks. edit: i know this is a stupid question but i noticed the C5 is a 3 speed tranny, is the...
  8. 87Rangerdude

tranny issues

i have an 85' 2.8l 2wd automatic, im not sure exactly what tranny it is, but its probably an a4od, anyways, the transmission wont shift from 3rd to 4th, also just recently i was driving down the road and tranny fluid started pouring from where the inspection plate (was). i was about 5 miles from...
  9. 87Rangerdude

different day, different problem =/

ok, i finally got my truck running and registered, but i've got a new problem now. whenever i get up to over 35-40mph the truck sputters, backfires a lot and then it dies if i cant keep it running by pumping the gas and putting it in neutral, its acting like its getting too much fuel, but i...
  10. 87Rangerdude

brake issues

im trying to diagnose some problems with my brakes, and couldnt find any answers in my repair manual. im thinking that they need to be bled, but anyways heres my problem. my brake pedal has almost no travel, is very stiff, and it doesnt return to position after being applied, its almost like the...
  11. 87Rangerdude

well well

i finally decided to part with my 87' and start fresh, i happen to know a guy in town that had an 85 ranger that one of hit clients gave to him as payment, but its in rough shape, anyways i traded my 87' and a couple of junk motorcycles for the 85' since it runs and everything. i discovered that...
  12. 87Rangerdude

should i buy this 87 w/302?

i found a deal about 80 miles away from my house for an 87 ranger 4x4 with a 302 (not hooked up just sitting in the engine bay) and an AOD tranny. its got duel fuel tanks, extended cab, cruise control, also he said that he'll include the orig. 2.9L and tranny with the sale, he wants $1,000...
  13. 87Rangerdude

need some insight

ok. i've got a 1987 ranger 2.3L 2wd auto. the other day i was driving home from a friend's house (about 15 miles away from my house), i was just cruising along at 55 mph) and my engine lost power and i knew i lost a cyl . well i had to drive it home like that because there would be no way for...
  14. 87Rangerdude

87 ranger

i only have one or 2 old pics of my truck at this time, because my digital camera broke, but hopefully i'll have a new one soon to post updates. So, here is what it looked like when i first got it. the motor is a 2.3L 4cyl with a 4 speed auto on the floor. the body is a regular cab long bed...
  15. 87Rangerdude

Carfax

does anyone have carfax? if so would they mind doing a lookup on my 87' ranger? the vin is 1FTBR10A2HUB35367 also i dont know if this is the right section for this as i couldnt find a relevant section for carfax hehe thanks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad