• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 99stepside

1. 99stepside

Truck is finally in the shop !

Well, I finally found a really good transmission place for ole Bertha. $1800. The owner is going to completely rebuild the tranny and throw in a heavy duty torque converter for free. Not to mention he is going to regear her with 410's and on top of all of that a 24month/24000 mile warranty. If...
  2. 99stepside

Home at Last

OOOOOHHHHHH MAn. I cant believe I am finally home. Seven months of Deployment really sucks. As soon as i got home i started the truck AND TOOK HER AROUND THE BLOCK. I will be getting a new tranny this weekend and then on to the suspension lift. So if anybody wants to go riding in the near...
  3. 99stepside

What generation is my truck???

I know this sounds like a dumb question, but a buddy and I statred arguing about what generation my truck is. I say its a generation 4, due to the fact that it is ISF. Now, my buddy says its generation 3.5 which makes no sense what so ever. His reasoning is because the headlights on the...
  4. 99stepside

3.0 4x4 Auto tranny questions

My wife just took my truck to a transmission place. Im out on deployment and i need some quotes for my tranny. Well this one place wants $1950 for a full rebuild, replace all seals, and re gear it with 410's. Is the re gear necessary with 32" tires? The guy said there is also a 3 year/30,000...
  5. 99stepside

full size ranger ?

well, in my last port visit to Bahrain, i saw the coolest ranger ever. a full size 4 door ranger. kinda like the mini sport trac. i was wodering if has one or if anybody has seen one before. i took a few pictures and will post it later. but if anybody may have one id like to see if its the like...
  6. 99stepside

Going on deployment

Well guys, going on deployment will be on the site everyday but will not be able to post anything due to internet connectivity. so i just wanted to say good luck with all you do and hopefully ill save enough to get my el trucko finished when i get back. got to love that hazardous duty pay:).
  7. 99stepside

fuse for code reader???

Does anyone know where the fuse for the code reader is? i have a 99 3.0 4x4. i tried to run some codes but it doesnt work at all.wont even turn on. ive tried 5 different readers. all the readers worked on my 01 so i know they work. thanks Bryan
  8. 99stepside

Brake-throttle Modulation

why is it that every video that i see of people off-roading they are flooring it and just bouncing around. even rolling there trucks. has nobody heard of BRAKE - THROTTLE MODULATION?????. if you use it you can do so many things and enjoy it. do people not know how to off road???
  9. 99stepside

Help... Electric Computer Doesnt Work

:icon_confused:okay so i let my wife drive my truck to work today. she gets home and my check engine lights on. so i go to the local auto parts store and hook up the code reader. and it doesnt work... thinking that maybe thiers may be broken, i go to another parts store, and that one didnt...
  10. 99stepside

new website

heres the web to my truck http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2920912/1
  11. 99stepside

Bell Mountain in apple valley

Hey Californians, You should check out bell mountain in apple valley off of johnson st. there are some good climbs out there. not very big but i had tons of fun will post pics later
  12. 99stepside

99 ranger stepside

hope you like!!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad