• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by ChargerOnDavins

1. ChargerOnDavins

My Ford Garage - Customized Fords (Pic Heavy)

I have owned this explorer for 3 weeks... I am pretty sure I have a disease. Soon to be a divorce disease.. :D I sold my 2003 Ex and bought this one: 2008 Explorer 4x4: Without Inserts BEFORE (3 weeks ago...) Other current Fords: 2013 Fusion Titanium: 2012...
  2. ChargerOnDavins

Changing username?

Who do I contact to change my username to 3FordFamily?
  3. ChargerOnDavins

Anybody buy extended warranty? Worth it? I have 140k

My truck is getting old I am pretty sure in the next 6 months I'll need a transmission anyway. Anyone have some prices on an extended drivetrain or any other warranty from Ford OR from a third party company? I had a buddy who did this on his explorer, and they paid for his tranny after 3...
  4. ChargerOnDavins

32s and tranny/gear codes... Overdrive light..what's the deal?

2003 Ranger Edge 2wd 3.0 140k miles *Tranny code D (5r55e transmission) *Gear ratio I believe is 4.10 (Code 97) if i recall. So took the truck in to have the codes read, the following showed up: P0442 (Evap Small Leak) - been there for a year, was told to ignore B1602 - Possible anti-theft...
  5. ChargerOnDavins

My Ranger Tremor Edition on 32s, 2" TT, halos, explorer n charger modded also

Here is my 2003 Ranger Tremor (Edge with small interior upgrades, mostly audio - pioneer) Next mod: TRADE BEDS! License plate says ganger cause everybody hates on it as a mini truck... my next truck WILL be a F150 Platinum edition, but I still love my little ganger. It's my 4th...
  6. ChargerOnDavins

Post pics of rangers w 2 inch lift and 32s, stock height for edge?

Been looking and having difficulty locating them, most aren't labeled! I did torsion twist for I think 2 inches. From fender to ground the front js 34.5 inches, and 35 in the rear. Factory was significantly less but when I lifted I measured incorrectly to wheel ml to ground, so I dont know...
  7. ChargerOnDavins

Issues with trading beds 99 and 2003

We both have black rangers, I looked up the paint and it's the same code, My worry is the tail lights, I will keep my factory wiring, correct? The tail lights bolt up just fine both ways? I know we will trade bumpers, so I'll have to paint the gray/chrome xlt bumper to look more like my...
  8. ChargerOnDavins

WTB roll pan or bumper for ranger edge stepside 2003

I can't decide what to do. I kind of like a bumper but a roll pan is cheaper. How difficult is it to add one to a 2003 ranger edge (tremor) stepside/styleside? Anyone have a black used either one? Need some advice here. Would trade my bed for regular bed too if anyone is interested.
  9. ChargerOnDavins

2003 3.0 Ranger - rough low idle (400 rpm), bogs at 2500K, rough shift, NOW FINE

2003 3.0 Ranger Tremor (edge) edition, 135k miles. Ok so I went outside after remote starting my truck tonight. Got in, accidentally hit the brake and killed the remote start, then started it really quick afterwards. I've done this a few times with no problem, but this time I noticed it ran...
  10. ChargerOnDavins

5-speed vs Automatic- 3.0L

5R55e vs Manual Transmission? I heard a lot of bad things about the manual transmissions, but i prefer need opinions. Liability is the number one factor.
  11. ChargerOnDavins

What part is this? (pic) Blower problem, this the problem? stuck on vent!

Before this part broke (my body guy found it while fixing my truck, may have broken it) all of my settings worked fine. Now, the only setting that works on AC/HEAT is the vents. What is this part? Where does it go to? How do I fix this? Blend door? Vaccum? The fender has to come off to get...
  12. ChargerOnDavins

Anyone want to trade beds? Stepside for Regular?

Is this possible? My truck is black. Very few light scratches near the top, I'd give the overall condition a 9-9.5 out of ten. I'll even throw in my tinted tail lights on the deal. Seems they are the same size only the step side isn't as wide. Some people like the stepside, some don't. I...
  13. ChargerOnDavins

Headlight metal clips? Where can I get one?

My buddy was doing bodywork on my 2003 ranger edge and lost one of the black metal clips that holds the headlight in place. They "slide" in place to secure the headlight. Thanks in advance!
  14. ChargerOnDavins

A mostly picture introduction of myself. Cars, Me, My fiance, etc.

I am a 24 year old college student. I live in central Indiana. I have owned over 15 Fords (bought/sold many of them for profit before I went to college) My first car was a ford explorer: Ok I know most of my rides aren't going to be most of y'alls cup of tea.. but here we go. My 2006...
  15. ChargerOnDavins

"keeping the RPMs high" Why? what do you mean?

I see all over this forum to "Keep the RPMs high" on the 3.0. Why is this? And does that mean that when daily driving the vehicle, don't drive like grandpa? I always get unbelievable miles and mileage out of my cars because I don't accelerate past 2500 RPMS, often around 2000 for each shift...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad