• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by coolboarder1231

1. coolboarder1231

mild dana 44 build thread

doing up the 97 extended cab with a '77 EB dana 44 (disc brake equipped) here's how she used to sit now with the axle slung under it after i drilled the holes for the radius arm brackets and got it together with the arms and the c bushings from energy suspension. got the 3.5 inch deaver lift...
  2. coolboarder1231

where do i buy 78-79 radius arm brackets for my sas

i have every single part to finish my truck except the 1978-79 factory radius arm drop brackets, anyone know where i can buy em, for cheaaap!?
  3. coolboarder1231

death wobble after explorer 8.8 swap and 1 piece shaft swap

i got a 97 ext cab, did the explorer 8.8 swap w/ explorer springs and than soon after swapped in a 1998 and up 1 piece driveshaft swap, right after the new driveshaft was in i started to get the worst case of death wobble, im pretty sure its coming from the rear not the front steering because...
  4. coolboarder1231

M5OD-R1 problems

i have a broken 1997 4.0 M5OD-R1 4x4 and a rebuilt late 80s M5OD-R1 from a 4 cylinder 4x4, the casing is differant, when i purchased the rebuilt trans i didnt notice that the starter is on the opposite side of the casing, therefor my new rebuilt mazda trans wont work on my 4.0 V6 motor...what...
  5. coolboarder1231

what type of 5 speed came behind the 2.3L in 1989

1989 5spd, 4x4, 2.3 liter, 4cyl, what type of trans is it, is it the m5od-r1????i really need to know
  6. coolboarder1231

trany question

i have a 97 4.0 4x4 with a 5 speed and my trany blew, will a 5 speed from an 1989 4x4 with a 5 speed, i think there both m5ods or m5r1s i am not completely sure, thanks ya'llllllll
  7. coolboarder1231

i made the mistake of...

cover my air filter (K&N cone filter bolted right onto the MAF) and when i made a water passing it ate some water and stalled. i got it towed to a buddies house and got it started with some starter fluid, the intake was loaded with water it turned over and started but it knocked like hell, i...
  8. coolboarder1231

waterproofing engine

i break down alot in the woods when wheeling mostly because of water, either my electrical or my exhaust gets wet and i stall, what are some steps can take do help prevent my electrical getting wet and my engine from stalling? maybe tape my electrical better? i dont know, this is my first mud...
  9. coolboarder1231

best coils

whos coils ride best for the best on road and off road quality? oh and another dumb question, whats the best way to get some of the rust off my frame and coil buckets when im installing my setup?
  10. coolboarder1231

flat bed kit

i found a kit that converts a toyota to a flat bed http://allprooffroad.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=28 does anyone know if this would possibly work with a little fab work on a ranger, or if anyone has done it before
  11. coolboarder1231

battery dead?

i had put new wires and plugs on my 4.0 and i tried starting it and it made a loud noise and the battery was dead, i then found that i wired the plugs wrong, so i re wired according to my manual and then i tried to start it and i found that the battery was completely dead, the next day(today) i...
  12. coolboarder1231

well it was bogging really bad when i was in it deep, the exhaust must have been drinking some water because my exhaust has no pipe after the muffler, i've heard the term hydro lock before but i thought it was when my engine is seized? but my 4.0 still runs, just not aswell
  13. coolboarder1231

stacks?

the other day i was going through some deeper puddles and my engine was bogging real bad because i had lost the part of my exhaust from the muffler back, i was wondering if i cut a whole in my bed and made the exhaust come up like stacks on a diesel, but i would use smaller size pipe so my back...
  14. coolboarder1231

no more power

for some reason after i went through some semi serious puddles/creeks the other day my 1993 4.0 has lost lots of power, i thought maybe it was the MAF so i took it off and took a look at it and it looked fine, so i then swapped my old ari box and filter with a K&N cone filter but i still feel a...
  15. coolboarder1231

convert 1354 to manual shift transcase?

is it possible to convert a transfer case thats in a 1993 ranger to a manual shift transfer case, maybe via a kit?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad