• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Essex85

1. Essex85

Harness splicing!

Okay, I'm at my wit's end here! Damn near ready to just throw a carb'd setup in here at this point:annoyed:. At any rate my basic info I've got an 87 Ranger that had the 2.3L in there, it's now got a 5.0 from a 92 or 93 grand marquis. I've got both of the EVTM's. Now the GM EVTM has the actual...
  2. Essex85

Radio Resets (Overload issue?)

Hey ya'll I recently decided to put a flatbed on my truck and decided to get some dump/utility bed lights (kinda square looking, rounded corners) and ended up having to wire them to my stock tail light harness. No biggie got them wired up and looking/working good. Now thought it has developed...
  3. Essex85

EFI Harnesses

Hey ya'll I'm looking to swap out my 5.8 in my ranger for a 5.0. I can get my hands on a cheap 302, aod and computer harness out of a 91 or 92 Grand Marquis. Now my question is, I have an 87 ranger and if I'm not mistaken aren't the harnesses for 92's different (something about the MAF)? If so...
  4. Essex85

Cluster swap wires

Hello, I got a cluster out of another 87 ranger that has a tach and my 87 originally did not have a tach. When I went to hook up the harness from my original ranger's cluster to the new one I noticed that the hookup locations have changed greatly. I was just wondering if there was a wiring...
  5. Essex85

5 Speed Reliability

Hello all, I have a real quick question. I've rebuilt a stock 351w for my 87 Ranger, and I have two transmission options. I could put a C6 that I have in there, or a WC T5. Now for my question, would the T5 be strong enough to handle the torque out of a stock 351w. If it would be, I know...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad