• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by greg95Ranger

1. greg95Ranger

95 Ford Ranger 3.0 Manual 4x2 Transmission Replacement

Ok, to follow up, the old tranny is out, and the new one is in, and it's working great. Thanks for all the advice here: The 12 point socket was perfect for getting off the drive shaft, the 24 inch extension was just what I needed to get off the top two bolts from the tranny, and the sawed off...
  2. greg95Ranger

Ok, so I got a tranny from a junkyard for $400 and made a video to show what it looks like: https://photos.app.goo.gl/oQ9Afw6bC7j7Kctz5 Overall, it looks to be in good condition. It looks there is a seal at the back end that needs to be replaced (see video for details, not sure what it is...
  3. greg95Ranger

I checked and I did not, so that is now on order. I did check the transmission oil level and actually I changed it to fresh about two weeks ago. The oil level was full, and the color of it was very good - it was the color of fresh engine oil (ie gold colored, not black or dirty). I...
  4. greg95Ranger

I saw some of those at the Pick Your Part, but I didn't realize they were welded together. They seem pretty flimsy to me, but I shook a couple of the Trucks just to be sure and they seemed pretty solid.
  5. greg95Ranger

Great, thank you. The bolts and extension are both on order and will be here in two days :)
  6. greg95Ranger

Thank you so much for the details on this, it is very helpful. I went to Pick Your Part, but they did not have any 4x2 3.0 manual transmission, but I just found a used one locally for $400 with a 100 day warranty I am going to go pick up.
  7. greg95Ranger

You are right that the video shows a 4x4 selector knob, but that is because I replaced the plastic panel around the radio a few years ago, and the 4x4 was the only one I could find at the time. For sure it is a 4x2.
  8. greg95Ranger

My Ranger has run great for years, but recently developed a loud knock which seems to be coming from the transmission. I know it is not the clutch, as I already took it to a shop which said the noise was from the clutch and they replaced the clutch. But it did not help at all. The clutch was...
  9. greg95Ranger

95 Ford Ranger XLT Manual

Hi Guys, Just to introduce myself: I retired at 63 and now have time on my hands :) It's time to work on my 95 Ford Ranger XLT. I have had it since 96 and I have kept it running great over the years and it has been very good to me. I am a web developer by trade, but I enjoy working on my...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad