• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by JeffRH

1. Gear shifter - indicator cable broken

I have a '99 Ranger 4x4 4litre automatic. The little red line that shows what gear I am in is now on "1" after I tried to adjust it with the thumbwheel on the end of the steering colomn. the cable going through the thumbwheel feels broken/snapped. How do I fix this? :icon_confused:Any pictures...
  2. Gear indicator broken

Automatic shift indicator broken I have a '99 Ranger 4x4 4litre automatic. The little red line that shows what gear I am in is now on "1" after I tried to adjust it with the thumbwheel on the end of the steering colomn. the cable going through the thumbwheel feels broken/snapped. How do I...
  3. fuseable link - where is it?

I have a 99 Ranger 4.0. I just replaced the altenator, then the battery idiot light started coming on and the altenator gauge still shows no charge. I have had the battery checked twice and changed altenators twice. I did bugger up the plastic connections that go into the altenator, so I...
  4. Battery light on after alternator change

I just cahnged to alternator on my 1999 Ranger 4.0 4x4 automatic. I cahrged the batter. The battery idiot light is on. My battery charger said 100%. The battery is 1 year old Interstate. I plan to take it to them tomorrow to have it re-checked. Could I have hooked something up wrong on the...
  5. 99 ranger serpentine belt

HELP I'm LOST - 99 ranger serpentine belt :bawling:I changed the alternator today and can't get the serpentine belt back on. I loosened the tensioner with a 11mm socket but can't push it (tensioner) far enough counterclockwise (down) to slip the belt back on. I changed altenators on old cars...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad