• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by jml32788

1. Rear Differential Question

I've got a 98 3.0 4x4. I dont know what gears i have. I just wanted to know if the ring gears are pressed onto the housing or if they come off with a little pressure applied
  2. IAC valve help

So i took off my IAC valve and cleaned it out. I think mayb i cleaned it too roughly... possible? Well now i have a Check Engine light on. (wasnt on before) Also at the advice of another rangerstation member i unpluged the IAC while the engine was running... could that mess up my ECU in any...
  3. Someone help

Ok i cleaned my iac valve and now i have thrown a CEL and i still have the same problem with the high rpms when the heats on. I need help
  4. Whining noise

I have a 98 ranger 4x4 5spd, and i am hearing a fairly loud whning noise whenever i turn the wheel. I've had several people tell me that it is my water pump giving out. I've had a few people who said it was my power steering going bad. ??? I would appriciate any imput at all. Thanks
  5. Checking the IAC valve

So i learned that i could have a stuck IAC valve, Can someone help me though the process of taking off the throttle body and everything needed to check it. And also what would be safe to use for cleaning the IAC valve. I'd hate to just go out there and start pulling stuff off without knowing...
  6. I dont know where to post this

I have a 98 4x4 manual ranger, It has a few problems with it. Whenever i turn the heat on the rpms jump up to 2500rpm... Can anyone help me with that? Also whenever it rains, i flick on my lights and the left turn signal comes on and stays on (doesnt blink). And even when the truck is off and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad