• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by johnnybronco

1. '89 Bronco 2 for Sale - $9,700

V6 2.9 liter engine, 5-speed manual transmission, 2WD. Runs great! Engine rebuilt, transmission rebuilt. Clutch almost new. Ford Explorer springs in the rear to give it great lift (this is the standard B2 proceedure once the stock spring give out after 15 years or so.)Tires great, AC great...
  2. Can't find rear window gasket

Anybody know where to locate a new gasket for the rear window of a '89 Bronco 2?
  3. Do I Really Need 16" Wheels?

Hey guys - I'm looking for some advice. It's time for new tires and I'm wondering if I should go up from 15 to 16 inch wheels, too? I know my B2 will look cooler if I go with 16s but I don't know how else this will affect my ride. Mine's a 2WD so I don't usually need more clearance than I've...
  4. driveshaft yoke problem

I had my 5-speed M50 2-wd tranny refurbished. The guy said the yoke felt loose to him. I just pulled it off to check it out and now I'm not sure I got it back on right. I took a pic and you can see that there is about an inch between the rear of the tranny and the round part of the yoke where...
  5. synthetic gear oil?

I just had my 5-speed rebuilt and the mechanic suggested synthetic gear oil. Anybody have an opinion or a suggestion as to what kind to buy? I saw it for $20/quart at Advance Auto parts - that's $100 bucks to top off my tranny and I'm not sure if I need to spend that kind of money.
  6. stick-shift modification for B2 tranny swap

I am swapping trannys in my 2-wd B2 and it looks like the one I am going to put in has the stick-shift too close to the dash. I'm looking for a way to take the stick apart and put some kind of elbow or dog-leg into it so the stick gets moved back a few inches. It looks like the stick may be in 3...
  7. Where to Buy Paint?

I need to replace a smashed-up door on my B2 and thought I'd get a used door, sand it down and re-paint it. Anyone know where to find the right paint for the job?
  8. 2WD Tranny swap

Anybody ever swapped a Mazda 5-speed for a Mitsubishi 5-speed with the dummy transfer case on a B2? It looks like the gear shift is about 3 inches further forward and I may have to find a way to move the stick back, otherwise I hope there aren't any other issues.
  9. dashboard removal

Anybody ever taken the dash off their B2? I've got a water leak where the firewall meets the wheel well on the passenger side, whenever it rains. I think I need to get back there and seal up the seam.
  10. Tranny input shaft question

I've got a 5-speed Mazda tranny for my B2, been standing up in storage for a few years. The input shaft seems to have been smashed in so that it doesn't stick out past the casing anymore and it just sits flat on the ground where as before it stuck out enough to make the tranny tilt to one side...
  11. Tranny input shaft question

I've got a 5-speed Mazda tranny, been standing up in storage for a few years. The input shaft seems to have been smashed in so that it doesn't stick out past the casing anymore and it just sits flat on the ground where as before it stuck out enough to make the tranny tilt to one side when it...
  12. Dummy t-case

Anyone know if the t-case for a manual tranny is the same for an automatic? I've got the dummy t-case and having a hard time finding a replacement.
  13. CV drive shaft going bad?

So, I've got a rattle when I accelerate in gear (all gears, same sound). Crawled underneath and found that the drive shaft had a little play in it - I could move it with my hand back and forth slightly without either of the ends moving. I'm thinking it's time for a new drive shaft. Can anybody...
  14. Leaky O-ring on fuel pressure regulator

I just replaced my fuel pressure regulator and had a tough time getting the o-ring to seat on the fuel rail. Wound up destroying the first o-ring. The second one seated fine- no leaks. I then drove 750 miles from NM to TX in the heat - no problem. Now 2 days later, it's leaking big time. Any ideas?
  15. A/C causes hesitation

Whenever I switch on the A/C my '90 B2 starts running rough- pretty much has less power going uphill and it lurches sporadically, every few seconds- uphill, downhill or level. Thing is, my mileage is not being affected, just the performance. Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad