• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by kkjb4x4.0

1. broken rear axle shaft

I just purchased a '99 ranger xlt 4x4.The previous owner slid into a ditch and snapped the rear shaft at the brake drum,assuming it's a 28 spline shaft can I pull a shaft from any ranger 8.8 rear? I also have new drums and shoes that I intended to install on my '97, will they fit the '99 if they...
  2. intake or head gaskets?

97 4.0 . For the last while I have been going through coolant with no visible leaks or signs of where it leaks, but I could smell coolant after it was driven. Well a day or two ago after I drove and parked her. I could hear coolant pressure escaping from the drivers side somewhere. So...
  3. parts rig

Bought a parts truck yesterday, just could'nt refuse..It's a 92 extended ranger,the fella was gonna do a 302 swap so the engine and tranny are gone.It does however sit on a full class2 6 inch skyjacker lift with 456 gears , jeep hubs, 35 m/t's and it has a 3 in b/l. ..paid $800.
  4. shift motor

I need to replace my shift motor. I called my local wreckers and they say they don't have any shift motors for rangers or b's, but they do have some for exploders.Can anyone tell me if any explorer shift motors will fit my 97 B4000? Mine is an 8 pin connector and I believe pre 95 are 7pin?
  5. input shaft

I'm in the process of installing a new clutch and slave in my 97 4.0 m5od 4x4..Before the slave blew out the trans whinned in all the gears but 4th . Could that be caused by the input shaft bearing? And if it is can it be replaced without splitting the trans?
  6. yota Rav4 plug difficulty

Long agravateing story short,,Broke a plug wire on a friends rav 4,,no big deal,.I know I have done this befor but I cannot seem to remove any spark plugs. There seems to be a rubber disc or washer above the plugs preventing the socket from mounting the plug?The plugs are inside a tube about 6...
  7. tranny

Hi folks,,I wonder if anyone can help me find out what tranny a 00 F150, 2wd 4.6 would have in it or where i could find the code that tells me?
  8. Warning

My truck has the dreaded clutch \tranny issue.On a few occasions when it is cold enough, with the pedal to the floor, the truck has started and the clutch has not released, launching the truck towards the house. I know this problem needs to be addressed, but I am now careful to put the tranny in...
  9. mods

just curious to know what fellow r.b.v. owners think is the best mod they have done to their trucks. Mine was adding the warn manual hubs,,nite and day compared to the factory autos,,
  10. Hello

Hello people,,really enjoy going thru this site,,tech articles are very helpful,,,I drive a "97 B 4000 ,,4.0 litre 4x4,regular cab,,I have a aftermarket stereo,,,31's,,and I leveled the front with washers,,,k&n filter aswell,,,great site

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad