• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by liamkeough88

1. liamkeough88

TFI wiring?? no start?

Trying to diagnose a no start on my 2.9. Been sitting awhile. Following procedure and have everything good up until tests wiring going into the TFI module. Getting 12 volts on wire #4 w/ ignition on. Forgot the color. But wire #6 (solid black wire on the end of the plug going into tfi) should...
  2. liamkeough88

o2 sensor diagnosing

I'm moving my post in regards to this subject from my thread about my 2.9 bogging down to here..:he more I've been reading the more I have begun to suspect it may be a faulty o2 sensor. I pulled the o2 sensor and did the " heat up with a torch and measure voltage test." Results are as...
  3. liamkeough88

Distributor installation

I'm just gonna leave all the back ground info out and keep this short. Need to install a new distributor. Motor has been cranked with the distributor off. Nothing marked so I've got no reference for re installation. I'd appreciate a link to where it outlines procedure or could someone be so...
  4. liamkeough88

2.9 bogging down no power

The ranger has been on and off the back burner for some time now. Thinking about selling. Going through trying make her road worthy etc and this is my issue Idles and throttles up nicely but when you hit the road and gas it she feels like she is dragging a ton of bricks. Boggs down under its...
  5. liamkeough88

burning oil/running rich

so my truck has been an on and off project over the last few years. Its pretty much done now. Just a few odds and ends. Its smoking pretty good and burning a fair amount of oil as well as running rich. I will worry about the running rich part later but i was hoping to get some input on the...
  6. liamkeough88

7.5 to 8.8 inch. Which parking brake cables to use?

misplaced the old parking brake cables off my 7.5 during the swap for my 8.8. I cant see anywhere in the tech articles if it says they can or need to be reused in the 8.8 or do i need to get cables for whatever the 8.8 came out of? (in my case an explorer.) i need both right and left side. doing...
  7. liamkeough88

8.8 inch swap. Parking brake cables?

misplaced the old parking brake cables off my 7.5 during the swap for my 8.8. I cant see anywhere in the tech articles if it says they can or need to be reused in the 8.8 or do i need to get cables for whatever the 8.8 came out of? (in my case an explorer.) i need both right and left side. doing...
  8. liamkeough88

steering wheel slip/crooked

howdy, Installed the extended pitman arm, got it aligned. and took for a test drive. Locked the hubs put it in 4wd and took a slow hard turn. Now the Aussie locker and the fresh fat rubber on the front obviously puts a lot of stress on the steering assembly but unexpectedly the steering wheel...
  9. liamkeough88

body lift/shift extenstion

Howdy all, So finished up (for the most part) installing my 2 inch body lift/ mount bushings. Transfer case shifter wont slide to the left and down for Neutral/Low range. Pretty sure the added body lift pushed the shifter up or something and its just hanging up somewhere on the cab body. Any one...
  10. liamkeough88

8.8 mini spool in a Daily Driver..?

howdy, So I am about to get ready to finally complete my project and get my truck on the road. Had a question about running the mini spool in my 8.8. I plan on driving the truck a few days a week to work or out on the town and doing the whole weekend warrior thing when i can. Been reading an...
  11. liamkeough88

Steering shaft ?'s

So I'm in the process of finishing up installing a 2 inch body lift on my 88. Was attaching the steering shaft extension and was having some difficulty fitting it over the shaft so gave it a few taps with a mallet to help slide the extension all the way up and onto the shaft. Anyways, after a...
  12. liamkeough88

body mounts/ body lift

gonna be purchasing a body lift soon. I plan on also replacing the body mounts at that time. can anyone recommend a good polyurethane body mount kit? looking for something that is gonna have all the hardware and various components i need. its for an 88 standard cab long bed. thanks Liam
  13. liamkeough88

side view mirrors..what are some non factory option?

I was hoping a few of you may have some pics of your ranger or b2 with sideview mirrors other than the typical stock ones you find on 1st and 2nd gen trucks.. I need to replace mine and would like to know what other options are out there. thanks
  14. liamkeough88

decisions decisions.. what wheels do you like?

I guess its really between two wheels.. atleast at this point which ones do you like? Gonna be 15x8's.. and have to be black. its these http://www.ntwonline.com/TYPE_152_STREETLOCK_-_PRO_COMP_P7154C45.cfm or these http://www.ntwonline.com/CHAMBER_TEFLON_-_AMERICAN_RACI_P7086C41.cfm My work...
  15. liamkeough88

swapped axles now no brakes?!

Alright, so the other day I finished up swapping in both my dana 35 and explorer 8.8 as well as installing my lift/extended brake lines.. all that jazz. before installing the axles i installed all new brake components and far as i know all is in working order. Now the axles and the truck had...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad