• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by lil'_big_truck

1. lil'_big_truck

misfire 4th gear, 65mph, full throttle

the motor has 104,000mi on it right now so I would hope it doesn't have a part failing like that at this point. My thought is that the problem is either that, fuel pump is clogged, or another unknown electrical sensor having issues.
  2. lil'_big_truck

No change at this time. As I'm searching, I'm starting to wonder if it's the cam position sensor? would that cause a similar issue? could I maybe change just the sensor or is it worth switching out the whole synchronizer?
  3. lil'_big_truck

Hey all, I'm having trouble with a misfire with my ranger. I had posted about it earlier but I'm still struggling to diagnose it. here's when it typically happens: accelerating to highway speed 4th gear (manual trans) full throttle sometimes after shifting to 5th and load decreases engine...
  4. lil'_big_truck

Back in theSaddle!

Hey all! Long time, not post! (probably 5-6 years!) I've been rotating through daily drivers for a while after having sold my '97 stepside 4x4 and have landed once again in a Ranger! I have been looking for a new daily for the past 3-4 months as a way to reduce debt (eliminating car loan) to...
  5. lil'_big_truck

first drive of spring!

Hey all, As most of you know, I've been working on a 76 baja bug for a while now and I got to take it out today for the first time in a long time. :headbang: I had to do some problem solving first though. Turns out, when you have a car that sits almost all winter, the fuel goes bad :annoyed...
  6. lil'_big_truck

Got a new Toy.....ota

hey all, It's been a while since I've posted anything. I just picked up a 97 FJ-80 Land Cruiser for a steal :yahoo:. It's got locking front and rear diffs, leather interior, power everything, 3rd row fold up seats, and a few minor problems (blown speaker, small gas tank leak, electrical...
  7. lil'_big_truck

Towing a beetle

Hey all, So some friends and I are starting to plan a summer trip to silverlake so bomb around the dunes and whatnot. What I was wondering was would my truck (97 3.0 4x4 w/ class 3 hitch) be able to tow my baja bug(~1600lbs) on a car trailer? I've flat towed it and used a dolly before but...
  8. lil'_big_truck

VW Baja Update

all, I've done a few things since my last update. Most noteably of which, I painted the wheels black a la Cvar. At this point the car is pretty much finished. :yahoo: All that's left is to repair a worn shift rod bushing, put in a radio, and reupholster the seats. That'll probably happen...
  9. lil'_big_truck

speedo just quit

Hey all, So I went on vacation recently (for about 4 days( and when I got back, my speedometer wasn't working. It wasn't behaving oddly before the trip. It just read 0 when I started driving it today. any ideas? It's a 97 4x4 :icon_confused:
  10. lil'_big_truck

Took the bug to the strip

Hey all, It's been a while. I've been finishing up the beetle and this weekend, my friends wanted to go to the drag strip. I figured what teh hell and went. The bug did pretty well for a 37 year old beetle. It ran a 18.568s 1/4 mile with a top speed of 73.12mph. It felt a lot faster than...
  11. lil'_big_truck

It lives!!!!

hey all, For all that haven't been following my build thread, I've been building a '76 baja bug. Just thought I'd share the first video of it running and driving! :yahoo: It's really quick but that part isn't in the video. The transmission is making a lot of noise, which I think is probably...
  12. lil'_big_truck

Interesting night in the woods

So this Saturday I went out to a friends farm and rode around with a bunch of quads. Did some water crossings and rescued the quads. Then on one unfortunate quad rescue, the truck slid sideways into the mudhole it had just pulled a quad from. It proceeded to sink 30" into the muck. 3 quads...
  13. lil'_big_truck

Found this, What do you think?

hey all, So cruising around today something caught my eye. I found a 1972 IH Scout II for sale. The owner wants $4900 for it. I was wondering what everyone thought was a fair price to pay for it. The body is in good shape except for the typical rust in the corners. The frame has a lot of...
  14. lil'_big_truck

more off roading and a small jump

here are the pics from today. mainly just trailblazing with a small jump I found. in the thicket: http://s1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/jschig/?action=view&current=IMG_3629.mp4 the jump :headbang: http://s1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/jschig/?action=view&current=jump.mp4
  15. lil'_big_truck

Big Rock Off Road

Anybody ever been there / want to go there? Its in Maysville Kentucky and looks sweet. I've never been trail riding and want to try my hand at it but I don't know anybody near me who has a 4x4 that would want to go. Anybody here up for it sometime before the end of October...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad