• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by MikeR

1. MikeR

Need a bit of clarification. 4.0l swap

Ok I stumbled upon a 96 4.0 explorer I want to swap the motor into my 88 ranger. Is this possible with out swapping out the dashes and if so what all do I need? Engine Wiring harness Ecu Trans? I was going to use my a4ld if I could. Anything else?
  2. MikeR

Which is a better option

I have an 88 ford ranger with a 5.5 inch James duff lift. I have a James duff drop link on now which I think is out 2 inches longer than stock. I notice that I have a lot of bump steer on uneven or off camber roads. I installed a steering stabilizer and that helped a lot but still not to the...
  3. MikeR

Just Gauging the interest

I have a almost brand new james duff 5.5 inch lift kit and i was thinking of swapping my Dana 28 out for a dana 44 so i would not be needing the long arm kit. i was wouldnering if anyone was interested the front ttb lift kit it would be both extended radus arms and both lift brackets for the ttb...
  4. MikeR

Ax15 to BW1350-1354

Ok looking to find out if anyone has put a BW1350 or 1354 behind a jeep ax15? I am looking into a swap on my ranger and it would use the jeep trans.
  5. MikeR

Dyeing seats.

I was wondering if anybody had and any luck dyeing seats and if so what did you use. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. MikeR

2.9l Engine Build/Rebuild

I was planning out my projects for this winter and I want to rebuild the 2.9l in the ranger. I was going to do a basically stock rebuild + a few little things want to keep the engine to the point that if i want to throw a turbo on it for a bit more power then i can. i have another complete...
  7. MikeR

88 Ranger XLT

I have Been Building this truck for a while now and figured that I would finaly post in here so I can show it off a bit. Specs Stock 2.9l Auto Trans BW1350 Manual Trans Dana 28 Front axle Mustang 7.5in Rear axle Rear disk Brake Swap from a Mustang SVO rear LSD swap Deaver Rear...
  8. MikeR

Drive shaft question

So I prolly can find the answer to this in the tech library but I am on my phone and do not have internet. Is there a drive shaft that will bolt on to my 88 ranger 4x4 that does not have the double cardian at the top. With 6 in of lift it is way too much angle for it and it is clicking and...
  9. MikeR

Need to know if it's worth it.

I currently have a 2.9l and just installed a 6inch lift and 35s. I was going to swap a Dana 35 in the front end this winter. And after that was going to address the engine and trans. So what I have I received a free 2.9l and FM145 also everything to swap a manual into my truck. So should I...
  10. MikeR

Dana 28 to 35 swap?

I have a Dana 28 now and was finishing doing a james duff lift with ext length radus arms. Will the dana 28 ext RA work on the dana 35 front axle. I am assumong all of the drop brakets are the same as well I will just need to go to a junk yard and get the axle and center. I am hoping that i...
  11. MikeR

Wheel alignment sleeves

I have an 88 ranger with the JD 5.5 inch suspension lift on it and 35s. Still have the stock camber bushings on it and need to do an alignment. Was looking at the trail master wheel alignment kits that they have on summit racing? Is this a decent kit or should I order something diff also what...
  12. MikeR

88 Ranger 4x4 build for Street and Trails

So let me start by saying I currently cannot get the old pics of my truck off the old hard drive on my computer. So I have had this truck since I was 17 and in high school and other than the American racing outlaw IIs and 30 inch tires the truck was bone stock. About 2 years ago I ripped the...
  13. MikeR

Duff Ext Ebrake cables

I have an 88 Ranger Reg cab 4x4 and Im trying to put my truck back together after a year of being apart and dont really remember how the ebrake cables go and what parts I need. Too make thing worse I swapped a mustang 8.8 in and a rear disk brake conversion and I was trying to use Duffs longer...
  14. MikeR

Auto to Manual Trans swap

I have an 88 Ranger 4X4 2.9l Reg Cab short bed with an auto trans in it now I have recently percussed a FM146 and transfer case out of a 90 or 91 2.9l ranger. Both Current and new T case are Manual. what I know I need Master Cylinder Slave Cylinder Clutch Kit Peddle Setup Lines Shifter Bezel...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad