• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Mrnicks

1. Core Support/radiator support Replacement Photos

I wasn't really sure where to post this. So if you search for core support or radiator support I guess you'll find it. I just figured I throw my pic up here for others to see and ask question if need be. Job took 11 hours total and it wasn't that bad...
  2. 99 4.0 Ranger Has Death Wobble after being towed

SOLVED 99 4.0 Ranger Has Death Wobble after being towed So I had my trucked towed and I asked for a flat bed and they sent a normal truck and they lifted the rear up and towed it. Now my truck has death wobble while turning left and when I hit a bump with both tires square on. It's fine...
  3. 99 4.0 Ranger No starter and no fuel pump

I got stranded the other day at a gas station. I drove there fine, after pumping gas I tried to start it and nothing. I tried to get a jump and nothing. I got it towed home and put the battery on 10 amp charge for about an hour(it said charged and read 12.8v). When I crank it over all I get...
  4. Compatability of Mustang trac lok clutches with ranger 8.8 trac lok

I need to replace my clutches and all I can find is mustang stuff. I called one company and asked about compatibility and they just directed to the manufacture. I called and they weren't open til Monday. So my question is, will the mustang 8.8 trac lok rebuild kit work in my diff? here's...
  5. Rattling sound after tranny fluid change

I have a 99 4X4 xtend cab with the 4.0. 134K mi I've always done oil changes at 4k and about the 70K mark I started doing the tranny fluid every other oil change or so. So I just did it and now I have a clanky rattling sound while in gear (fwd & Rev). I drained the pan and replaced the...
  6. Dual Piston Caliper Rebuild

Any know of any tricks or secrets when rebuilding a dual piston caliper.
  7. Tire cupping

I have tire cupping on the driver side. I had the alignment checked by a friend and was able to see it on the machine in person and it was damn near perfect. I rotated the front tires and the driver side which was the passenger side is not cupping after about 400 miles. My friend says shocks...
  8. 99" Ranger 4.0L/4.10's/trac-lok need spider gears BAD!

I have the vehicle mentioned in the title and I have a clunk in the rear end when accelerating. I do have some axle wrap from worn springs but the main issue lies in the spiders. Bear with as I'm not familiar with all the technical names of the parts. But, I removed the carrier pin and found...
  9. Swapping a 99" ranger 8.8" with a 00" explorer 8.8"

I have an opportunity to obtain a explorer axle. My current axle on the ranger needs some serious love, seals, gears, and bearings. Would it be worth to get this axle and do the rebuild on it and rather than my current ranger axle. I do know that if i do the swap I'll gain rear disc brakes...
  10. Dual Batterys ? One primary One Aux ?

Alright this is what I have; 99" ranger 4.0L 4X4 xlt. extended cab, two batteries one 4yr. old red top optima one brand new stock diehard. The optima is starting to show its age. During this winter after sitting for 4-5 days under 32.F it is too low to start the truck. I'll trickle...
  11. new method 4 locking pneumatic hubs permently 99" ranger

Ok, I want to do away with the pneumatic system and I read the tutorial on how too do it. And, after taking the hub off I can see how it works and my question is... If you engage the hub by pushing on the white piece on the inside and then install it on the truck and remove your vaccuum line...
  12. 99" and 01" ranger hub compatability ?

I'm doing my wheel bearings and all my bushings at the moment. I was wondering if the 01 or 02 hubs could be a replacement to those oh so awesome vacuum activated hubs. Has anyone tried to do this? I talked to a few ford dealership mechanics and they said they weren't sure but didn't think so...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad