• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by muddin76

1. dana 35, and 33inch wheels

I have a 96 ranger supercab 4x4. 4.0 liter v6. Im currently running 31" maxis mudders. I have heard that I need at least 3" body lift to put on 33's. Will this be to much strain on dana 35 axles? and is 3" lift enough? I dont really want to go to tall due to the top heavy feel. I get around...
  2. dana 35 ring and pinion or spider gear stripped

I own a 96 ranger 4x4, dana 35 front with 3.27 gears. When I lock into 4wheel my transfer case locks,I cant move front drive shaft. The wheels and axles lock(manual hubs). I can jack up the front however and with force, turn the front tire and axle. I feel a little grab but then its free. I...
  3. axle rebuild, recomendations?

I am going to have my front axle rebuilt due to a stripped gear. I* have a 96 with 4.0 and run 31" maxxis mudders. I thought about have a detroit locker put in when I have it rebuilt. Is this a bad Idea for the front axle? Should I just go with a stock rebuild ?
  4. seat covers

Does anyone know where I can find a set of mossy oak seat covers for a 96 ranger with the 60/40 bench? I can only find covers for buckets.
  5. does transfer case fluid effect function?

I recently had a problem. When I go to 4hi or lo my front driveshaft locks and all that works, BUT, when I try to go my front tires wont pull. I locked the hubs, did like I was told on here, jacked up one side with hub locked (warn manual) the tire and axle turn, even if in 4 wheel. I thought...
  6. why does my front driver wheel break free under pressure

I have a 96 ranger supercab 4x4. Warn locking hubs, I jacked up the front end and locked the hubs, everything locks and turns, when I shift to 4 high and turn the tire on the driver side , transfer case is locked and I cant turn it. However, if I give a little force by hand the front tire will...
  7. warn locking hubs not locking

I have a 96 ranger 4x4. The manual warn locking hubs lock when I jack up the front end and spin the tire, its locked, but today I got stuck because my fornt wheels would not pull at all. It was like I was only in 2 wheel drive, I had low range power but only rear wheels moving. Later on down the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad