• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by NYTOSC

1. Critique my lift plans-

Alright so I have a 96 4x4 4.0 supercab. I use the truck to tow 3500-4500 pound loads occasionally. I want to be able to take it off road every once in a while, but nothing crazy. I also may need to install a snow plow on the front sometime. With that being said, I would like to fir 31" tires...
  2. Replacement 8.8" Ford ranger rear end.. Aerostar axle shafts? HELP

Alright, so Ive determined that the trucks rear wheel bearing on the passenger side is bad. It started with a bad seal, but has developed into a full blown destroyed wheel bearing. I am pretty confident that the axle is destroyed as well. After going to a junkyard, I cant find any full axle...
  3. 1996 Ranger 4x4 8.8" rear end LOTS OF PLAY HELP

Alright guys its a 96 ranger supercab xlt 4.0 5 speed 4x4 3.73LS Recently I started hearing a ton of noise in the rear end- especially when taking a turn. I inspected one wheel, and noticed this: http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?p=615787#post615787 Well, I went to jack...
  4. Is my wheel cylinder leaking, or is it a axle seal? Also parking brake question....

1996 Ranger XLT supercab 4.0 3.73LSD 5 speed 4x4 245k miles I was under the truck and noticed some fluid on the passenger tire. I pulled the wheel and the drum and noticed a build up of fluid. It looks like gear oil, and the wheel cylinder looked dry. I also checked the brake fluid and it was...
  5. Urgent help needed- is my truck safe to go on a 240 mile trip?

Alright guys, I need some help- I need to use my truck on friday to tow a vehicle 240 miles round trip. Something inside my auto locking hub exploded though and I am worried it could cause damage to a wheel bearing or other components- here is a picture of what happened:
  6. 1996 Ford Ranger 4x4 wont engage

I just purchased a 96 ranger, and am having trouble getting the 4wd to engage. Here is the deal- put it into 4hi, and the dash light goes on- front wheels do not spin though. Put it into 4lo, and the dash light goes on, and I can feel the gearing reduction, but without front wheels turning...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad