• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by RangerKing1

1. RangerKing1

WANTED: 83-92 5spd ranger

I am looking for a 2wd extended cab 5spd ranger in RUNNING AND DRIVABLE condition between the years of 83-92. Engine size doesnt matter to me (absolutely NO v8 swapped trucks). I'm not looking yo spend a fortune for what I want to use the truck for but I will pay up to $800 for the right truck...
  2. RangerKing1

1997 f250

So, as most know, I am the RANGERKING of Galax Va. I have recently traded my 4x4 1992 Ford Ranger in even on a 1997 F250 Heavy Duty truck with the 7.5 liter engine (460ci), 5spd manual transmission, and 4x4. Truck is a long bed, with the leaf spring suspension, gooseneck and bumper tow systems...
  3. RangerKing1

Engine Swap Question

I have a 1988 Ford Ranger XLT ext cab truck that has the 2.3 engine, 5spd mazda trans, and is 2wd however the transmission is hung in 4th gear and wont come out. According to advance and auto zone, it will cost $1000 for a rebuild kit since the transmission has synchronizers in it. I can't find...
  4. RangerKing1

Stuck in 4th Gear

Exactly what the title says. My 88 Ford Ranger XLT ext cab truck is equipped with a 2.3 efi engine, 5spd mazda transmission and is 2wd. Can anybody tell me what is causing the transmission to hang in gear. It has done it before, and I managed to get out by rocking truck back in forth in yard and...
  5. RangerKing1

Idle Problems

I have a 1988 Ford Ranger XLT ext cab truck with the 2300 efi engine. It runs good but it starting idle wrong and acts like it gonna die however it doesnt just gets low and comes back up. What could this be. I noticed the Air filter box is hissing from around the lil sensor on the side of box...
  6. RangerKing1

Transmission Question

I have a 1988 Ford Ranger xlt, ext cab with the 2.3 engine, 5spd mazda, 2wd. My tranny is stuck in 4th gear and wont come out at all. Could I replace it with a 4wd transmission as long as i leave the front driveshaft off and it work temporary. I cant find the 2wd anywhere however I can find the...
  7. RangerKing1

I'm Having Tranny Problems

I have a 1988 Ford Ranger Xlt super cab with a 2.3 engine, 2wd, and a mazda 5spd tranny (3bolt shifter). I am having problems with the tranny hanging in 4th gear and not wanting to come out. I replaced the clutch and pressure plate back in October and my tranny is doing fine after that. Here...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad