• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by scoob8000

1. 88 Ranger - 91 Front clip?

I'm seeing some yeahs and some nos here.. If I replace the entire front clip, will a 91 clip fit on a 88' ranger? That said, any tricks to removing everything from the donor truck? Power tools, etc? The truck is in a field, so tools will be limited.
  2. 1988 Core support - Relacement

I plowed into a deer last night, so I have my work cut out for me. I haven't really had time to look, but does the rad core support just bolt in, or are they welded in? I found a few posts where folks were talking about spot welds, but I think they were newer trucks..
  3. 88' Supercab - Does back glass leak or cargo light?

What are the chances of my back glass leaking, or is it really the cargo light? I've popped the trim off, and see water droplets forming right where the 3 or 4 studs & nuts are at the top of the glass. Took the cargo (3rd brake light) off, but can't see of feel anything wet in there although...
  4. Alternator swap?

I've done some reading on this topic, but can't find anything definitive. I was about to upgrade some of the wiring in my charging circuit when I learned the alternator in my 88' doesn't have a lug on the back for the battery connection but a quick connector. Is there another unit that is a...
  5. Reading codes

Okay, I feel stupid for asking but I give up. 88' 2.9l Where is this mysterious connector for the self test checks? I have two connectors hanging under the dash above the transmission hump. Neither one look anything like the diagram in the tech section. Am I blind? :)
  6. Hesitation, sputtering under load at any RPM, idles fine

Hows that for a title. :) The other day I ran the tank pretty low on fuel, puttering a little bit on the way to the station. Maybe I didn't run out of fuel, that might just be when something else started flaking out. I looked at my reciept, and it only took 12.2 gallons.. Even after a fill...
  7. Whats this, a second fuel filter?

Just went to change the fuel filter for the first time on the 2.9 '88. I see the in line fuel filter on the drivers side frame rail, and the inline high pressure pump a foot or two behind it. But about another foot behind the pump is another frame mounted bracket with what looks like some...
  8. My $40 paint job! :)

I guess this is the first time I've posted any pictures of my truck on the forum.. We (my loving fiance' and I) painted it a few weeks ago, but never got around to posting up the pics. It looks 100% better now then it did before. I don't think I have any before shots, but it was multi-colored...
  9. Fuel sender electrical troubleshooting inside!

Can anyone tell me what the 4 wires are at the top of the fuel tank? I'm troubleshooting my gauge not working. Key on, gauge shows empty All other gauges work fine short yellow/wht to the black lead, gauge reads full tank is full, reading between the pins for the black and yellow/wht reads...
  10. bed bolt sizes and where to buy

So the bed is ready to go back on, but I'm banging my head off the wall trying to find fasteners. I just ordered a bunch of bolts and u nuts from mcmaster carr just to find the clips are a hair too short. What size are the stock pieces, and does anyone know where to find them?
  11. 1988 2WD - Rear shock replacement

Gonna try to tackle the rear shocks this weekend. Is the upper shock bolt part of that bracket? I don't see how you could possibly replace it because the frame is in the way. The nut and exposed end of the bolt is nothing but a blob of rust! :/
  12. Bed removal - Any tips?

Thinking about pulling the bed off my supercab 88' ranger. Never removed a truck bed. 6 T55 bolts, taillight plug, and filler neck. Thats all right? How heavy is the bed, can two people lift it and set it aside, or do I need more help? :) (If your wondering, I'm fixing the gas gauge...
  13. Replacing clutches in a 7.5" LSD

First is a Ford 7.5 LSD rebuildable? I know most Auburns are not, but I've never pulled a Ford rear end apart. If it can be done, how tough of a job is it? Any special tools required? Anyone on here done it before? [edit]Okay, so I found the technical article on how to do the rebuild...
  14. 88' 2.9 - What muffler sounds good?

1988 2.9l ranger Stock cats, single 2.25" pipe straight out the back below the bumper. I currently have a cherry bomb glasspack on it, and I'm tired of the ricer fart pipe sound it gave me. What mufflers have you other small engine guys had good luck with? Obviously, I want something deeper...
  15. Hauling some gravel - how much is too much?

Probably a stupid question. I need to get some gravel for the driveway, but I have no idea what I should be able to safely load in the bed of the truck (lbs). I asked the folks at the landscaping place, but they had no idea either. 1988 2WD, stock suspension.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad