• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by tajvelocity

1. tajvelocity

2.5 Lost ALL Power On Acceleration

1999 Mazda B2500, ~145,000 miles. Here's what happened: I accelerated up an on ramp and when I shifted from third to fourth, not much happened and I started to slow down, like I would give it all the gas and the engine did not respond. I don't have a tach, but I think the revs were falling. I...
  2. tajvelocity

Moog Upper Arm Ball Joint Too Big For Spindle

So I have a few threads going right now regarding some seemingly routine maintenance and parts swapping gone wrong. I have yet another issue. I replaced the UCA's around 2 years ago with Moog part # K80082 (passenger) and K80054. The boot on the ball joint is split already so I figured I'd...
  3. tajvelocity

Wheel Studs Too Short?!

Is this not enough thread through the lugs? They're finger tight. Stock steel spare for comparison: I pretty much have to use the alloy deer hooves in the first pic. I'm ditching the 2.5" lift on my truck and the 31" tires and my Cragers won't work with the 2" drop coils I just installed...
  4. tajvelocity

Deer Hoof Fitment

Long story short, I'm trying to ditch my super heavy (listed as 26 lbs.) 15x8 Crager steelies and 31's for lighter factory wheels asap in the interest of better mileage and driveability. A gentleman on Craigslist has some 14" deer hooves for sale but says they didn't fit on the front of his 99...
  5. tajvelocity

Humming/Pulsation: Bearings?

More woes for the Mazda (99, 2.5 2wd, coil sprung, 126k). I've noticed a hum above 40, especially turning right above 40, coming from the front of my truck for a couple months. I've also been having brake pulsation for a few months or more as well. Actually I can't feel pulsing in the pedal, but...
  6. tajvelocity

Mystery Oil Leak

99 Mazduh B2500, 2.5L, 5spd., ~125k. I was under my truck checking out where my exhaust was leaking from because it's loud and is running a bit badly. I found that and while I was under there I found something worse: oil has made it's way down the transmission as far back as the cross member...
  7. tajvelocity

Timing Belt Job and Related Stuff

So I started the timing belt job on my 99 2.5. This might be a really dumb question but... I have all the marks (camshaft, oil pump and crankshaft) lined up. Does this mean that it's at TDC on cylinder #1? I don't know how you'd do this without removing the radiator. I couldn't see a damn thing...
  8. tajvelocity

98+ DJM Upper Control Arms Too Wide For Frame

I had the same problem with mine. I posted pretty much the same thing you did on another forum and I think people just said it was normal. I just forced mine in which I probably shouldn't have. I was unhappy with the ride and maybe this is partially to blame. I will also say that I think the...
  9. tajvelocity

2.5 Rougle Idle/Stall, Dimming Lights Etc...

99 B2500 (twin spark) 110K. I got my truck back on the road but decided to park it until I get this figured out. It has been running poorly for over a year now. Symptoms include rough idle when stopped and often stalling when I put the clutch in at a red light. All the lights dim in relation to...
  10. tajvelocity

Newly Lifted Branger Questions

Finally got it done: 99 B2500 with 3" Fabtech (Fagtech?) spindles and shackles in the back. 15x8 inch V-5's with 31x10.5 tires. It looks way bad*sser than it did before, but I have a couple of questions as I've been driving it today: 1. Steering feels a bit more vague. I didn't look at the...
  11. tajvelocity

Backspace Question

I need to get rims and tires on a newly lifted (Fabtech spindle lift) 99 B2500. 15x8 (actually they recommend 15x7) with some not too wide 31" tires are preferable. Problem is I'm broke and can't cough up the money right now so: 1) Truck is sitting (had a running issue that may or may not be...
  12. tajvelocity

LCA Busing Insert Thingies

That's the technical term, or it might as well be because I can't find out what they are called! I mentioned this in a previous thread, but wanted to make a new one. Not only do I just have one set of these (other is MIA), they won't fit in to my bushings that I just had pressed in anyway...
  13. tajvelocity

Lowered to Lifted

I tried the lowered thing and I'm over it: I've lost utility, potholes are trying to eat me, and I miss being able to run over stuff. This is a truck after all. It sucks I had to learn the hard way but whatevs. Live and learn. SO... 99 Mazduh B2500 (2wd)/w DJM 4/5 (control arms, stabilizer bar...
  14. tajvelocity

LCA/UCA Bushing Help

*LCA/UCA's are off the truck. I'm refreshing the LCA's with bushings and BJ's before reinstalling. Never done this. UCA's are new. Question, bear with me: I noticed these round discs/plates with raised lines in them still attached to the stock control arm bushings on one LCA. I didn't transfer...
  15. tajvelocity

Greetings From CinciTucky

Hiya! Generally speaking, I gravitate toward sportier cars, mainly smallish imports (I'll be looking for an old Miata or 240sx in the next year), but I like all that is motorsport. I've been struggling a bit financially (nobody's fault but my own) and needed to get out of the "scene" for a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad