• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by tekkatekka

1. What type of power steering fluid

1991 Ranger 4.0 engine. Almost done replacing power steering steering box, steering pump and both lines. What type of power steering fluid to use? The original car manual says type F ATF. The ford shop manual says premium power steering fluid e6az-19582-aa (eswm2c33-f) or equivalent.
  2. power steering bleeding.

Wouldn't the vacuum pull some ATF into the engine?
  3. power steering bleeding.

Thanks, how did you pull the vacuum and with what?
  4. What part is this small shock absorber.

1991 Ranger 4x4, 4.0 engine. On the drivers side below the power steering pump and toward the frame there is a small shock that mounts to a bracket attached to the engine. This is probably the original part. What does it do and how critical is it to replace?
  5. power steering bleeding.

I have 1991 Ranger, 4x4, 4.0 engine. I removed the gear box and power steering pump. About to install rebuilt pump and gearbox and new lines. What do I need to do about the ATF fluid. Do I need to add any to the gearbox before installing or the pump. What to do to bleed it after install? Thanks...
  6. power steering pump and gearbox help.

I have 1991 Ranger, 4x4, 4.0 engine. I removed the gear box and power steering pump. About to install rebuilt pump and gearbox and new lines. What do I need to do about the ATF fluid. Do I need to add any to the gearbox before installing or the pump. What to do to bleed it after install? Thanks...
  7. Broken arm rest, front seat, 1991 ranger

The drivers seat on my 1991 ranger has a padded arm rest that can be lifted up so that a third passenger could sit in the front. It swivels up and down by attaching to the seat. Something inside the seat has broken so that the arm rest just flops around and does not even swivel properly. Seems...
  8. 1991 Ranger Power Steering Leak, Seals?

Hi, I have a 91 4.0 ranger 4x4. I have power steering fluid leaking from the steering box, at the shaft where the pitman arm attaches. Other than the leak, the steering is great. I see a seal kit which has a new c clip, dust seal, and oil seal. I am wondering if replacing that would be enough...
  9. Starting Problem

I have a 91 ranger 4.0 4x4. It has a starting problem. It used to start very quick as the starter turned over the engine. Now after sitting all night I have to turn over the starter quite a long time before the engine starts. What seems to work is if I turn it over for 3 seconds or so, stop...
  10. 1991 4.0 antifreeze in exhaust

I have a 1991 ford ranger 4x4, 4.0 v6. 190,000 miles. Runs great and even gets 18-20 mpg on hwy trips with a 1200lb camper. I have been using small amounts of antifreeze for the passed year with no leaks. Lately much more, sometimes a 1/4 gallon in 400 miles. 4,000 miles ago was having a miss...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad