• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by vDawG

1. vDawG

Ron Francis Efi 5.0/5.8 harness WHAT ECU?

The short story is I bought 1, its on the way, seems simple enough. Running a c6 for simplicity sake. Only question is what computer do I use? Some other, similar harnesses say a late 80's to early 90's mustang ecu?
  2. vDawG

5.8 upper and lower intakes

I have '96 5.8. apparently they do not make an EFi swap harness for the '96, the difference being it is odbII and the sensors are all different. Can I swap on a 87 to 93 lower and upper intake so I can use a plug and play harness? Will it bolt on?
  3. vDawG

351w efi + c6 swap????

I started a 351w efi and e40d swap a while back, and due to wiring issues the project has sat for far too long. The motor and tranny are mounted in the truck but the dreaded wiring I fear has gotten the better of me. To simplify things I have decided to go with a c6 tranny and a stand alone...
  4. vDawG

D44 ttb sterring linkage on a solid D44?

Anybody tried it? Does it work ok? Problems?
  5. vDawG

Are there 2 types of 1 ton chev tre's?

I am looking to make a drag link and the word is these are the way to go. When I google 1 ton chev tre's I get 2 different pics. 1 is threaded right up to the joint and the other has a longer neck on it. I have the ones that are longer neck on the to the thread that would be in the tubing to the...
  6. vDawG

Drag link?

I did some checking around at local performance shops and 1 one of them told me the chev tre's are 18mm and 1.5 pitch. They also said they couldn't get the bungs to fit. Where did you guys get the bungs? And was the local shop correct on the thread? They recommended I get tre's that use standard...
  7. vDawG

Drag link?

Thanks a million!
  8. vDawG

Drag link?

If I understand correctly I order 1 ton tie rod ends from a f 350 or something and ream out the holes in my pitman arm and my steering linage... correct? How do I get the size and taper/ angle reamer right? I know I am showing just how green I am on the subject. The process sounds easy but...
  9. vDawG

Drag link?

Is one option stronger and more stable than the other?
  10. vDawG

Drag link?

Just wondering what size heim joints and tubing to use for my drag link? Please post what has worked for you.
  11. vDawG

e4od sensor?

Is a 95 e4od tranny mlps/ gear range selector/ neutral safety , whatever you want to call, the same as one for a 96 tranny??
  12. vDawG

Home made Perches for fift?????

Here's my idea. If you have any input or a better idea let me know. I want to make rear leaf spring perches and at the same time bring the rear up 8" or so to match the front. If I start with 3" by 10" tube, cut the proper size hole for the axle tube in 2" deep in the tube (its and 8.8 so the...
  13. vDawG

'96 351w oil cooler removal?????

How Does the domn thing come off and can I use the same filter once its off?
  14. vDawG

Oil filter relocation???

I found this online http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PRM-2791/ So from here I get the fittings and hydraulic hose up to the bracket with the filter. What can I get for a bracket that the filter attaches to that will work. I know my Chev Blazer 4.3 has a remote filter stock. Any body ever tried...
  15. vDawG

Full width D44 '90 B2??

I am going to try these springs. I don't think they will be stiff enough...... I have a 351w efi and e4od hanging from the roof. Once I sit that onto the mounts I think it will crush those springs but the guy that gave them to me says they will be perfect so I going to try.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad