• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by velcro7279

1. 1994 Oil and Temp Gauges Acting Screwy

Got a 94 SC 2wd 2.3 5 speed. Started driving the truck about two months ago after putting a clutch in it and a few other necessities. About two weeks ago the oil and temp gauges started acting wierd. They will sometimes bounce around for no apparent reason while driving at a constant speed...
  2. Tach in 87 Ranger 2.3 Reading High

I have an 87 Ranger with the 2.3. After looking at and driving this truck for a while now I believe that it was assembled with parts from more than one truck. The VIN says that it should be a 2.0 2wd but it is a 2.3 4x4. Anyway, the tach in it reads about 400 RPM too high as near as I can...
  3. Turbo 2.3 Daily Driver

Have been thinking seriously about turboing my 87 Ranger 4x4. The truck is a daily driver. Would like to get about 250hp out of it. Some questions I have is how streetable is a 250hp 2.3 with a turbo? Can I get it to make boost at about 2000-2500 rpm's up to at least 4500? I live in...
  4. FM145 Swap to M5OD

I know this has been touched on a little on here, but I haven't been able to get all of my queations answered. I have a 1987 Ranger 4x4, 2.3, with the FM145 standard cab short bed (108 WB). I know an M5OD from a truck with a 2.3 will bolt to the 2.3 in my truck. The questions I have are this...
  5. 1987 Ranger Throttle Body CFM

Anyone know what the throttle body on an 87 Ranger 2.3 flows? Looking for the CFM flow for the throttle body on my Ranger. Steve
  6. 1987 Ranger with 2.3 Problems

Have a 1987 Ranger 4x4 with the EFI Lima 2.3 and a 5 speed. Got it last summer because I was anticipating getting a job that might be a 60-100 mile round trip per day to work. That didn't happen until now and I am going to start driving about 110 miles per day starting Monday. My other truck is...
  7. TPS and EGR Test Result Questions

Have an 87 Ranger with the 2.3. It starts hard and runs rich after it starts. I tested the TPS, EGR valve, and EVP sensor yesterday. I checked these by the instructions on fordfuelinjection.com. TPS I verified that there was five volts at the VREF pin first. I then checked across the SIGRTN...
  8. Anyone have a good wiring schematic?

I have an 87 Ranger with the 2.3 that I just rebuilt and put back in. The wiring harness on this had been messed with pretty bad before I got it. I got most of it put back pretty well, but I lost the oil pressure switch wire. The Chiltons manual I have has a sucky schematic in it and does not...
  9. 1987 Ranger CEL

I have an 87 Ranger, 2.3 SOHC, FM145 5 speed, and 4x4. Just rebuilt the engine in it and after I got it started it was running very rich. I went to pull codes on it, but I thought the CEL was burnt out. Took apart the dash to replace the bulb and where the CEL should be according to the black...
  10. 1987 2.3 Vacuum and Coolant Line Routing

Well pulled a duh and didn't take pics of the way the coolant and vacuum lines were routed on my 2.3. Just rebuilt it and am about ready to put it back in the truck and I need to know where the coolant line hooks into the intake. I know that it goes around behind the valve cover, but I am...
  11. 1987 2.3 Advice

Picked up a 87 Ranger with a miss. One cylinder was down to about 85 psi. All others 120-130. Figure that is where my miss is. Anyway. My son and I just tore it down. The land between ring one and two on the piston in the low compression cylinder had a piece that fell out when we removed...
  12. Pics of 85-88 2.3 Engine Compartment

Would anyone have any pics of their own or be able to direct me somewhere that has pics of an engine compartment with a 2.3. I just picked up an 87 4x4 that has some issues. I need to know things like how the wiring harness is routed on both sides of the engine compartment, where the cruise...
  13. Help with 2.0 or 2.3 ID

I just picked up a 1987 4x4 std cab swb Ranger last weekend for $400. It has been painted at sometime. The body is pretty good for an 87 in northern Michigan. Needs u joints, axle joints, and steering linkage parts. Runs rough at idle. Sounds like it has a miss. Haven't had time to check...
  14. 1992 Explorer Transmission Problem

I am looking to buy a 1992 Explorer that has a problem with the transmission. I think this has the A4LD, right? The onwer says it shifts fine if you start off in Drive but will not go if you start off in OD. Says if it is moving in second gear or above and shifted into OD it will work fine...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad