• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anyone have a good wiring schematic?

velcro7279

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have an 87 Ranger with the 2.3 that I just rebuilt and put back in. The wiring harness on this had been messed with pretty bad before I got it. I got most of it put back pretty well, but I lost the oil pressure switch wire. The Chiltons manual I have has a sucky schematic in it and does not show the oil pressure switch. I have two wires that are white/red that go to nothing right now. I cannot find these wires on the schematic I have. One has 12v with the key on and one has nothing. Is it one of these? If not what color is the wire that is supposed to go to the pressure switch? Also, this has an idiot light, not a gauge.

Steve

kmack

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987/1984
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
if you find one let me know because i've been looking for a while now. There was some decent ones in the haynes.. but maybe they are the same as in the chiltons.

velcro7279

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Didn't find a good wiring schematic yet, but I did find which wire goes to the oil pressure switch. Pulled the instrument cluster and put the continuity tester on the wire that goes to the oil light and found which wire it was. It was the white/red with 12v to it. I know Helm makes service manuals for my 87, but they are about $75. I have a CD for my 95 F 350 that I got for about $20 a couple of years ago. I can't find one for the Ranger though. The CD's don't seem to go that old. I would really like to find one for the Ranger though.

Steve

SMTGREG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
MGB
Engine Size
2.3 Lima
Transmission
Manual
The digital wiring diagrams and shop manuals from ford only go back to 1992. You may be able to find the paper version on ebay. Another option is go to the local Ford dealer and make copies of the needed pages.

velcro7279

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The digital wiring diagrams and shop manuals from ford only go back to 1992. You may be able to find the paper version on ebay. Another option is go to the local Ford dealer and make copies of the needed pages.

Oh yeah. I forgot I could do that. Thanks for the reminder. They usually do that for free, too don't they.

Steve

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Not necessarily...I paid a dollar a page when they printed out some schematics for my emission system a few years ago...but that was Canada, eh!

xtreameracer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988 stx highri
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i have a 2.3 wirring harness i can send to you, i will have to take it out of the truck, its out of a 86 long bed 4x4 5 speed, i think it has never been cut on, will have to look. let me know

velcro7279

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i have a 2.3 wirring harness i can send to you, i will have to take it out of the truck, its out of a 86 long bed 4x4 5 speed, i think it has never been cut on, will have to look. let me know
Thanks for the offer. I think the one I have will be fine now. This one I have was a mess, but I have a few hours in putting it back together now and it is in pretty good shape. Everything works that is hooked to it now.

Steve

kmack

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987/1984
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
i went to a ford dealer that said they only had back to around 95 or something lame. probably just the dealer...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals