• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by wacorider

1. A quick jerk, and off I go! (Fuel inertia shut off?

Hello guys an' dolls, 93 ford Ranger, 299,330 miles, second owner of a stock truck. Just read a very informative article by another Ranger man, an engineer, here on the site, about the Fuel Cut-off/inertia switch... ....with that in mind, my symptoms: going down the Interstate and hit a high...
  2. Where to find parts

hello all, I think I may be suffering the dreaded 4.0 overhead valve problem where ther is lack of oiling to rocker arms and push rod ends common to the 4.0 Can I replace the rockers and push rods as a set? Should I include the roller lifters with that switch? I would prefer the simpler...
  3. I need complete and competent repair manuals

Hello all, My 93 Ranger w/ 298,000 miles may need a new valve train and/or rebuilt heads/ valve job. I am looking for a source for repair manuals that are simple, complete, and reliable...have not been that deap into this motor. Any ideas? Thanks guys!! Doug in Indianapolis!!
  4. Tick, tap, tick, tick, tick.....help needed

hello all, I'm driving my 1993 ranger 4.0 V-6 with 297,000 miles on it, stock with a camper shell...well taken care of with parts replaced on a regular basis, running synthetic oil. Problem: last week , on start up, when cold, the engine started ticking...very unusual in that it starts ticking...
  5. Detonation/Pinging

Hello all you Ranger fans...thanks for the help on the electric window...the repair was very easy, once you know the secrets Long standing problem...93 Ranger, stock, 4 liter, 4x4, 292.000 miles...been having a problem with the motor detonating, sometimes called pinging, at rpms above 3000 on...
  6. 93 Ranger, Electric window "bounce" malfunction

Hello all, I am the owner of a 93 Ranger with 285, 000 miles on it. I do almost all the work on this stock daily driver truck, of which I am the 2nd owner... recently the drivers side window will bounce briskly up and down, about 1/2 inch, as it moves slowly downward, when I push the window up...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad