• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by whale

1. whale

1993 Taurus Water Pump replacement

I'm in the process of selling a '93 Taurus for my Mom, and obviously the water pump needs replaced, because it is howling, and leaking coolant onto the cat and smoking at every red-light. 3.0L, GL model Question: I read a couple google searches that this job is a big pain in the arse, because...
  2. whale

Volkswagen Forum recommend

Can anyone give me a good VW forum recommend? Wifey's passat is playing hell. If it helps any, it's a 2004 Passat 1.8T Thanks, Will
  3. whale

98 bad plugs and or bad wires

Ok. The other week, it started with a bad miss at speed & under load, where it felt like it was bucking, or totally losing power under load. It had just started raining heavily around here, and the moisture was high. Didn't do it prior to that. I've only had the truck for about a month...
  4. whale

Closure

Well, 3,540 pound drive in gets you $460.20 :icon_cheers: The scrap yard can chose to deal with the leftover electrical gremlins, and shortly I can update my profile with some 98' Ranger specs. Will
  5. whale

Drying Seat Cushions

Anyone have a good suggestion to get seat cushions dry? You know, the dense foam ones? I power washed mine about 1.5 weeks ago, and they're still basically sopping wet. Thanks, Will
  6. whale

Rotting Chassis ~ what to do?

1993 XLT 4.0L. The frame and chassis on this truck is really going south. The body is fine, but the rest is getting pretty bad. Last year, the shop didn't want to pass it for inspection due to the front radiator support being completely rotted off at the passenger body mount, but they did...
  7. whale

1993 Valve Covers

Do I have to scour the junkyard for valve covers & if so, is any 4.0L (of similar 1993ish vintage) going to do me? Any other platforms I should be looking at? I gather Exploders used the same engine. I looked on eBay and only found 1 set. Thanks, Will
  8. whale

Spindle Nut Socket

Hi. I have a 93' ranger with 4x4; 4.0L Stock auto hubs I've gathered I have a Dana 35 frontend For the life of me, I can't find the correct tool to loosen the spindle nut. autozone has a 2 1/2" socket that's too big. I got a 2 3/8" socket from Sears, and across the flats it measures closer to 2...
  9. whale

Here for the technical

Hello. I'm Will from PA I have a 1993 Ranger & I'm looking for information / technical resources when i have to maintain this beeotch myself Thanks, Will

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad