• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. atvkid4eva

2006 Mirror Wiring Connector on 2000 Ranger

hey guys i am about to install some 06+ power mirrors on my 2000 ranger. I would like to use the connector that comes on the 06 mirrors. Could i get the male connector off of the 06 rangers and splice it into my 2000 power mirror harness? Id like to keep it nice and clean and plug and play. Does...
  2. atvkid4eva

06+ Mirrors photoshop request!

Hey guys I am having a hard time visioning the 06+ color matched mirrors on my 00'. I have attached a couple pics of my truck and a pic of the mirrors I want to put on it. There are several pics of the red/maroon 06+ mirror on google images if you need a better one. If someone would do a...
  3. atvkid4eva

window hops when going down

Hey guys on my 2000 ranger the drivers window hops when you put it down. goes up smooth, but hops/jerks when going down. i greased the channel with some lithium when i first got the truck and it fixed it for a couple weeks but now its back. the truck only has 50k miles. I read people say its...
  4. atvkid4eva

2000 Ranger 4x4 rides rough

Hey guys my 2000 ranger has 50k miles on it and is in mint condition, so no rust or anything. Its the nicest ranger ive ever had. The problem is when im driving its like i can feel everything in the floor boards. The smoother the road the better it rides, but regardless i can feel a pebble or a...
  5. atvkid4eva

Quick Seat Belt Light Question

Hey guys this is a dumb question, but i am curious. Im my 2000 ranger i have the seat belt chime disabled. My question is with the seat belt chime disabled, is the seat belt light in the bottom left of the dash supposed to come on at start up and then shut off after a minute or so? Mine does and...
  6. atvkid4eva

Mileage between changes w/ synthetic oil

Hey guys how many miles is it recommended between oil changes with fully synthetic oil? I know its supposed to be more than 3k miles. Let me know. Thanks!
  7. atvkid4eva

RPM's raise a little when stopping

Hey guys on my 2000 4.0l automatic wen i come to a stop light and slow down when im at almost 0mph the rpm will jump up a couple RPM and then drop back down to normal. It is more noticeable when the truck is cold, but i can still feel it when it warms up. I can see the tach jump bout 200rpm and...
  8. atvkid4eva

Camshaft Synchronizer CHIRP! Replacement?

Hey guys i initially thought it was the belt and tensioner on my 2000 4.0l..i replaced both and the chirp is still there. I listened closely and it seems to be coming from the top/back of the motor. I read up that the Camshaft Synchronizer is more than likely the culprit. What all is involved in...
  9. atvkid4eva

belt squeal?

Hey guys i have a 2000 ranger with 55k miles on the 4.0l. This past weekend i went on vacation and the truck sat for a couple days over the weekend. When i came back and started it up it had what sounded like a belt squeal from sitting for a couple days and it went away when i started driving...
  10. atvkid4eva

2000 Ranger 4x4 Lift Options

Hey guys my 97' ranger finally died (300k miles) and i picked up a 2000 ranger 4x4 with 49k miles..its literally in mint condition. I am wondering what my options for about 5" of lift are since im new to the IFS as apposed to the TTB on my old truck. Theres a truck on the forums here that is my...
  11. atvkid4eva

Should i buy this ford ranger Fx4??

hey guys my 97' ranger had 300k miles on it and finally decided to blow up the other day out of the blue (cracked head) so i'm in the market for a new truck. I found a 2004 Ford Ranger Fx4 it has power everything and is a 5speed. It has 106k miles and has no rust or dents in the body. Has a...
  12. atvkid4eva

Removing radius arm nuts

Hey guys i need to replace the radius arm bushing on my 97' 4x4. Will acetylene be enough to break the nuts for the radius arms free? the truck has 200k miles and they have never been touched. I dont wanna snap them off. Any advice is great. thanks!
  13. atvkid4eva

Rear Frame Bent/Twisted?

Hey guys. I have a 91 ranger with a 6" lift. It has 64" chevy leafs with belltech shackles in the rear. The problem is from the back of the truck it has a lean to the left side. I am getting ready to tube in the back and wanna get it leveled first. I jacked the left frame rail up until it was...
  14. atvkid4eva

White Explorer Cluster on my 97'?

Hey guys will the white 4x4 gauge cluster from an explorer or sport trac plug right into my 97 AT 4x4? will all the lights function properly? Thanks
  15. atvkid4eva

Blower wont turn on?

Hey guys the heat and AC have always worked great in my 97' Ranger on all 4 speeds. I even used the AC about a month ago and everything was fine. Well last night i went to turn to heat on to defrost my windshield and nothing..i don't have any air coming out in any position on any speed. I can...
  16. atvkid4eva

Sliders!

Hey guys these are the first thing I've made using my new JD2 Model 3 bender works awesome! Also i used the harbor freight notcher and with minor shimming and a good hole saw it works great! The middle supports still need welded in since i ran out of welding wire :annoyed:. Will post more pics...
  17. atvkid4eva

Bending Tube

Okay guys, i finally got my JD2 model 3 and made a stand and bought two sticks of tube. So im ready to start bending. My questions is do you guys bend without the bend tech software since it is so EXPENSIVE or do you all use it? I know it looks awesome, but thats a lot of money for a computer...
  18. atvkid4eva

Leaf Spring Direction?

Hey guys im installing my 63" chevy leafs and was wondering id there was a front and back for the mounting eyelets or if it dosent mater? One end has a slightly larger gap between where the bushing goes, but thats all i can see that is different?
  19. atvkid4eva

1.5" x .120 HREW?

Ive been seeing a lot of off roaders use this for cages,bumpers,sliders and was just wondering if it is strong enough for all three? Its a lot cheaper than the 1.75" DOM i was gonna use. I wanna make sure before i buy a 1.5" die for the JD2 tubing bender I'm gonna order. Thanks!
  20. atvkid4eva

Broken Leaf Spring...2 Options

hey guy my DD is a 97' 4x4 Ranger and the center leaf on the pass side leaf pack broke. I have a set of explorer leafs at my house, but i don't want to gain any lift in the back. Will the explorer springs noticeably lift the back with stock shackles and so on..or should i just find a set of...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad