• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bending Tube

atvkid4eva

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l V6
Transmission
Manual
Okay guys, i finally got my JD2 model 3 and made a stand and bought two sticks of tube. So im ready to start bending. My questions is do you guys bend without the bend tech software since it is so EXPENSIVE or do you all use it? I know it looks awesome, but thats a lot of money for a computer program no matter how worth it it is.

For those of you who bend without the software do you have any tips on how to calculate exactly where to mark the tubing to get even bends? im just new to this whole concept and it looks pretty tricky without the software?

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
^^^ My suggestion also.

Richard

Bray D

2012 UA Ranger
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Exactly the link I was gonna post.

Another thing you can do to help save you from wasting as much tubing is to mock everything up beforehand using PVC pipe (1.25" pipe is fairly close to the same OD as 1.5" tube and is about $3 per 10' section).

To bend PVC, slowly & evenly heat it over the section you want to bend using a propane torch set on very low heat (a heat gun may work too and probably won't want to scorch it as much). After a couple minutes it should be almost like rubber so you can bend it however you want, then let it cool so the bend sets. Then take that piece over to your bender and bend your tubing to match your PVC piece. Mocking the pieces up in PVC will help you do those multi-plane bends too (of which I have a few on my cage).

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals