• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2WD vs. 4WD M50D-R1

I have a 4WD '99 4.0L OHV Ranger with the M50D-R1 5-spd. manual that has lost 5th gear and I have found a low-mileage M50D-R1 out of an '01 3.0L Ranger for a good price. . .only problem is the 3.0L is a 2WD model. Question is. . .what needs to be done to change the 2WD transmission to a 4WD...
  2. Replacement M50D-R1. . .compatibility???

Just wanna do a quick double check before I pull the trigger on purchasing a replacement transmission. . . I have a '99 4WD 4.0L OHV with the 5-spd. manual. . .I lost 5th gear on it; I have found a pretty good deal on a replacement 5-spd. manual out of a 2001 4WD 3.0L. . .I know the 1st and 2nd...
  3. Where to get 5-spd. manual trans. parts. . .5th gear is GONE!!!

I have a 4WD '99 4.0L OHV V6 with the 5-spd. manual transmission. . .5th gear is GONE on it. I thought the clutch had gone out (it was worn out and needed replaced) so I replaced the flywheel/pilot bearing, clutch disc, pressure plate, and slave cylinder. . .when I went for a test drive I...
  4. New clutch disengagement question. . .'99 4.0 OHV/5-spd. manual

Just finished changing the flywheel, pilot bearing, clutch disc, pressure plate, and slave cylinder in my '99 4.0 OHV/5-spd. manual 4WD Ranger. . .after almost 190,000 miles it finally decided to give up the ghost. I wanted to make sure everything was working properly before I put the transfer...
  5. '99 Ford Ranger power steering hose O-rings. . .

I've just replaced the rack & pinion and power steering pump on my '99 Ford Ranger (4.0L OHV V6 with 4WD) and they came with hard, white O-rings and soft black O-rings. The stock lines appeared to have the hard, white O-rings about halfway up the threads and no sign of the soft black O-rings...
  6. Interior Dome Light won't turn off???

My interior dome light just decided that it wouldn't turn off in my '99 Ranger. . .and the door ajar alert on the dash stays lit. I've repeatedly tried shutting the doors and making sure nothing is keeping them from shutting completely (like a seatbelt not retracting), but the light and alert...
  7. Bolt-on Ranger rear bumper???

Anyone know of an attractive bolt-on tube rear bumper for a '99 Ranger??? I need/want to replace the rear bumper on my '99 Ford Ranger DD and I don't really have the time to fab anything up myself for quite a while (at least not in a reasonable amount of time and I since it's my DD I can't...
  8. '99 4WD Ranger. . .What are these connections for???

First. . .what is this metal tube going into the hub for??? This is on the passenger side hub and the metal tube is all corroded (to the point of breaking) and the plastic tubing is all dried out, hard, and brittle. . .gonna try to fix it, but it would be nice to know what it's for as well. ...
  9. How to check O2 sensor???

How do you tell if your O2 sensor is bad, i.e. what is the proper way to check it? Thanks!
  10. ABS Code Reader. . .

Is there an "affordable" ABS code reader available??? Thanks!
  11. '99 Ranger 4.0L OHV V6 upgrades???

What performance and/or efficiency upgrades would you guys suggest for a '99 Ford Ranger with the 4.0L OHV V6 engine? Are either one of these coils worth the extra $30??? http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...2767&ppt=C0334 http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...2767&ppt=C0334 What...
  12. What type of ignition does the ('99) 4.0L Pushrod engine use???

So I got this Adjustable Ignition Spark Tester to test one of the plug wires that I suspect is bad and I don't know what type of ignition my truck uses. . .I've got two choices: -Ford SST/Duraspark I/Duraspark II/Duraspark III or -Ford TFI IV ??? Thanks!
  13. Proper resistance of spark plug wires???

What is the proper resistance/inch for OEM spark plug wires??? Thanks!
  14. Location of fuel system pressure relief port???

Where is the fuel system pressure relief port on a '99 Ranger with the 4.0L OHV engine? Is it on the passenger side just in front of the coil pack with a blue cap on it???
  15. '99 4.0L cylinder #4 misfire help???

I have a '99 4WD extended cab Ranger with 142,000 miles on it. . .I replaced the plugs, plug wires, and coil pack 2000 miles ago; after about 1000 miles cylinder #4 started to misfire. . .I replaced the plug and it was fine for another 1000 miles at which point (this morning) it started to...
  16. Causes for ABS light???

What could cause the ABS light to illuminate in my '99 Ranger (4.0 V6/manual tranny/4WD/extended cab) besides low brake fluid? Came on all the sudden the other day. . .brakes seem fine, no pulsating, no lack of brake feel or power, no pulling, etc. Hooked the code reader up and no codes...
  17. Type of terminal necessary to hook into '99 Ranger fuse panel???

I want to add a circuit (for power seats from a '00 Mountaineer) to my fuse panel. . .I plan on using spare fuse location #12 (because it's easiest to get to) but I need to know what type of terminal goes on the end of the wire to clip into the stock '99 Ranger fuse panel. . . . . .also, where...
  18. Help with powering up '00 Mountaineer power seats in a '99 Ranger. . .

Can anyone help me wiring some '00 Mercury Mountaineer power seats into a '99 Ranger. . . . . .the Mountaineer seats have 6 wires coming out of the Mercury wiring harness (I kept it), here are the 6 wires out of the two quick disconnects on the passenger seat: Yellow quick disconnect (I think...
  19. '00 Mercury Mountaineer passenger seat fit '99 Ranger???

Will the front passenger seat of a '00 Mercury Mountaineer fit in my '99 Ranger. . .previous owner got the passenger seat all ate up with battery acid!!! Thanks!
  20. '99 Ranger front calipers. . .going bad???

I have just aquired a '99 Ranger 4x4 (extended cab, 4.0 V6/manual tranny) and I just put new tires on it. . .I've been driving it with the new tires for about 2 weeks now and this morning when I left the house I noticed that the engine seemed to be bogging down, the brakes felt different than...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad