• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. PNW Paul

Finally found my sport...

Just checked - - no pics of the mounting system, but pretty straightforward: 1. Two "L" pieces of steel that fit between the two frame rails/horns with the bumper nuts welded on. 2. Flat steel plate across the bottom and bolted to the "L" . 3. Winch bolted to the steel plate. Biggest...
  2. PNW Paul

Finally found my sport...

Good looking rig - - have owned a first Generation Sport since 1993 (with a 3 year hiatus after commuting fuc-tard totaled it [found another]), but consider the James Duff "non-winch" bumper - - there's enough room to mount a winch between the frame rails. . . Running a Ramsey REP 8000 winch ...
  3. PNW Paul

Canadian OEM DRLs options ? ? ?

Holy thread resurrection. . . Forscan can turn off DRL, but no guidance from Ford. The guy I know was able to "figure it out" - - guess he's done enough Forscan work to work the right coding. So now the lights come on when I activate the switch. . . Not that I'm a Control Enthusiast, well...
  4. PNW Paul

Project "Slippery Slope" - 2011 FX4

Swapped out the clear OEM fog lights for yellow “euro” styled ones… Literally a 10 minute job…. Paul
  5. PNW Paul

Pics of the "Anti-Theft" sticker showcased the blistery black metal piece under the window. . . So. . . Lots of newspaper for a 20" by 2" strip of metal, but happy with the results. Both doors done, but just pics of driver's side. Maybe it'll need a touch-up in the future, but was going...
  6. PNW Paul

Sometimes I just can't help myself, (even if the shift pattern isn't correct). . . Paul
  7. PNW Paul

My 94 Sport SAS

Well done! Nothing better than finishing off an upgrade and then going out to the dirt to enjoy it. I realize the rear bumper is likely a "work in progress", but recommend the final product include a provision for a spare tire. The Sport's just don't have enough interior room - - and you...
  8. PNW Paul

Been a while, just finished up with the latest minor modification to the Ranger. . . To start off, I'm kind of a "Safety Third" kind of guy, so don't take offense if this mod rankles the Bubble Wrap Warriors out here on the interwebs. . . Daytime Running Light delete. Bought this 2011...
  9. PNW Paul

Another new build

Well done! Used a similar design for a hidden winch mount on my Explorer Sport, but with a Duff bumper. Ramsey REP 8000 - - can see the unit between the bumper tubes and control box behind the grill (and fog light). These 1st Gen Explorers are pretty capable, with the right mods. Good to...
  10. PNW Paul

My 94 Sport SAS

Couple more. . .
  11. PNW Paul

My 94 Sport SAS

Here's the one I had a thumb-nail of. . . The F-250 tower was cut and welded to the original bucket, about an 6" gain in travel, but it's not the "full" F-250 bracket. Also, I've gone with a conical air filter, so the air box is not a consideration. The dual-shock option not required, I...
  12. PNW Paul

My 94 Sport SAS

Not much help as I kept the stock TTB, but mine was a F-250 shock tower welded to the original bucket. . . Even with my limited set-up, still had to trim out the fender liners for both the driver and passenger side. . . But totally worth it for the extra articulation.
  13. PNW Paul

1997 ranger trail truck build! UPDATED She got rolled and I bought it back for $231

Sorry to hear, but glad no injuries. Agree that there is too much good stuff on that rig, unfortunately the market for used Rangers in decent condition seems both thin and expensive. . . (at least in my area). So swapping out all the good bits onto another relatively clean rig might not be...
  14. PNW Paul

My 94 Sport SAS

Enjoying the build ! ! ! Some serious upgrades going on. . . , keep at it. Huge fan of the First Gen Sports ! ! (now time for the shameless self promotional plug. . .) Obviously not a SAS, but really haven't been disappointed with the (reinforced) TTB. Good luck with the build, and happy...
  15. PNW Paul

Driver Side Airbag Recall - Whats been your experience?

Also got the letter about waiting for parts, agreed it should be pretty quick once scheduled. . . Good point on the side bags (have a '11) - - will ask about them when the execute the driver side recall, but don't expect the tech or service department to be able to provide much info. Likely...
  16. PNW Paul

Usually have to climb elevation to get into snow in most of the low-lying areas in the Pacific Northwest. . . Not today ! ! ! About 10" in Tacoma, so took the Ranger out for a bit of a spin to check it's snow performance. Nothing extreme, just checking traction with the rear LS and Cepek...
  17. PNW Paul

80's Ranger 4x4 for the Trails

Late to the party, but wanted to pass along that the lift kit you have is made by Rancho, I had a nearly identical kit on my '91 Explorer Sport and it was 2.5" lift. It is quality gear that is worth keeping (or removing carefully for sale to another forum member). It explains the extra spring...
  18. PNW Paul

As to the tensioners, no updates for a few thousand miles. Paul
  19. PNW Paul

Yeah, likewise. . . Over the 70,000 mark by a few thousand, but not gonna fix it if it ain't broke. . . Already did 90% of the work with the thermo housing, always easier and quicker the second time around. Appreciate the maintenance pointer - - wish I had posted my plans on the thermo...
  20. PNW Paul

Work day to finally replace the leaky stock thermostat housing. . . I'm a Ford guy, but who at the Blue Oval thought this plasticky-thing was a good engineering option? Forgot to take a photo pre-demo, but you can see the scaling between the two pieces. Got the link for Simmons Autosportz...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad