• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. broncc

Free m5 5spd for 2.3 & 3.0 4x4

Free for TRS members. Norhteast MA. Can deliver for a meal, beer, car parts, ammo idk 04 2.3L 2x4 electric speedo 97 3.0L 4x4 manual shift tailhousing Took parts from each for my own use. Transmissions were drivers but will need to have the bearings shimmed and some other stuff. 3.0L now has...
  2. broncc

Free FM146 4x4

Hi I have a FM146 that I took out of my driving Bronco. It rumbles in 5th and probably will need a new bearing eventually but is drivable. Located in Northeast Mass. Will deliver Eastern MA and Southern NH for beer or box of ammo. Will ship if you pay full price.
  3. broncc

Dana 35 Hub Thrust Washer Obsolete

Hello everyone I just wanted to write a quick note about the exploded Dana 35 TTB diagram in the library. Part 61 is Dana 42773 Spacer. This part is obsolete and has been replaced with Dana 701128X. I see now after hours of research and looking elsewhere that I didn't know how to read the...
  4. broncc

1983-1992 Door Hinges

Hello everyone. My B2 has a sagging driver door due to worn out hinges. You have to really slam the door for it to climb up the striker to line up with the body. How have you guys fixed this? It seems Doorman doesn't make hinge kits for this generation. Rockauto and LMC don't carry the left...
  5. broncc

Wanted Seat Belt Buckle Tongue Cover

Hello all. I am looking for a BLUE seat belt buckle cover for '83-'90? RBV. A careless passenger broke mine and there are no RBVs with blue interior color left in north east junkyards. Goes here. Will pay
  6. broncc

Repairing The Dual Temp Intake System

The 1994 federal emissions Explorer that donated an engine to my Bronco II had a lot of complex features that perish quickly in the northeast climate and rarely translate during swaps. The one I’m focusing on today is the vehicle intake before the throttle body. It has a lot of smart design...
  7. broncc

Vacuum Hose Sanity Check

Hello. This is a 94 motor sold in New York. Could someone with a 50 state emissions OHV motor please provide me a quick summary on how their EGR system is hooked up? Specifically the two hoses to the pressure sensor and the solenoid to the diaphragm? I think mine are correct, and I have a bad...
  8. broncc

Odometer Thread

I have seen several other forums have a thread where people post their high mileage cars. I did a quick search here and couldn't easily find one. I figure I'll start one here. Maybe we will even find the highest mile truck on the forum! My 1989 B2 just rolled over 240k last night. Its had a...
  9. broncc

1994 4.0 A/C Mystery Component

I'm trying to vacuum my newly installed A/C system and I discovered a leak... Well, its more of a hole. This is taken from the perspective of behind and below of the A/C compressor. This is the line that goes to the "high side" of the system. This is an aftermarket A/C hose, but the original...
  10. broncc

Starter Wire Routing

Hello everyone, It's been a long time since I took my explorer apart to swap into my bronco 2. I have had the starter wire just resting on the frame because I couldn't remember exactly how it went. I was wondering if any OHV owners could help me place these wires. I suspect my frame is missing...
  11. broncc

89 Bronco II Build Thread

Hey guys here is my bronco 2 build so basiclly i started with this and then i put this in thanks for reading my thread
  12. broncc

Delete 2.9L V6s & FM146 for Parts or Repair

Here is enough parts to make one good 2.9 or save a couple. Asking $200 or whatever. North east Mass. I have a crane, bring a truck. Here are the highlights but not everything: 1990? 2.9 with good heads and oil level sensing pan, block VERY worn, bad bearings, automatic 1987? 2.9 with good...
  13. broncc

No Spark After Parts Cannon

Hello everyone. I have a '94 OHV with EGR that I'm trying to get running. It fuels fine but I have no spark. At the EDIS box I have; power, ground, a good crank position signal verified by scope, and continuity to the coils. Manually grounding a coil causes the engine to burp. There is no...
  14. broncc

Steering Wheel Woes

Hello everyone. I'm trying to swap my 89 Bronco II base steering column out for a tilting cruise wheel from my parts 94 explorer. The explorer column is unfortunately so rotten that it is unusable. Does anyone have a writeup on how to swap just the tilting part of a column over? Would adapting...
  15. broncc

Delete 93-11 White Manual Ranger Doors

Located North Shore Mass, USA Don't have the ranger any more so I don't care to finish the doors. Hardly any rust. Incomplete body work.
  16. broncc

4.0L "Hybrid" M5 Transmission

This is meant to be a supplement to the tech library packet here. Explanation: The M5 came standard on nearly every Ranger and RBV from 1988 to 2011. They are generally considered to be good transmissions, especially when compared to the Mitsubishi units used before. The transmissions mated to...
  17. broncc

Just needed to say something about how the early rangers were put together

I'm shocked that this is how ford made the wiper gutter. I am tracking down all the leaks to weld them up while I have the bronco apart for its swap. I pour some water in the gutter to see if the leak repair is a dashboard out type job... WHO thought that aiming the spout of the gutter right...
  18. broncc

Synchronizer Choice

Hello all, I'm putting one transmission together out of two and I noticed that they have different styles of synchronizer. Avoiding the ehtics of reusing a wear item, I'd like to learn something about them. The top is an aftermarket from a previously rebuilt transmission. The bottom is the...
  19. broncc

What sort of gear do you always carry in your truck?

I'm curious where everyone stands with confidence or paranoia in your trucks. I personally keep quite a lot. I have used it all to either get myself home or much more often friends/family home. Up front I have: notebook, ear plugs, microfiber, EZ pass, Convoy s2+ with spare batteries...
  20. broncc

Rare Bronco Options

Hey, bit of an out-there post. I was scrolling through the options catalog for the bronco/ranger someone had uploaded here. Do you think any of the bronco ski racks survive? I think once I'm "done" sorting out the car, this would make an excellent final touch. I think it would be very important...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad