• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Junkyard Cruise from Scratch - Amplifier Mounting?

So since all the junkyards around here shut down--and a Rostra kit with everything is the better part of a thousand dollars--I'm installing cruise control the most backwards way possible: grabbing all the parts from different places and figuring out the connections myself. I'm taking pictures...
  2. Wanted Factory D35 TTB Pass. Pivot Bracket (Driver's Beam)

Looking for the pivot bracket for the driver's/diff. beam, so the bracket on the passenger side of the frame. '97-down, 4x4 only. Not sure if there's a minimum year, or if the bracket is the same between D28/D35. Not super urgent, since I have the one I fabricated, but I've never seen a real...
  3. 2.3L ('83-'97) Sudden loss of spark, but have coil power and signal

'94 2.3L. I like to think I'm not a complete idiot, but I am having an absolutely baffling problem over here, and I'm at my wit's end. Truck ran and drove yesterday morning, zero problems. Parked, then in the afternoon suddenly I've got strong crank, no start. Fuses and relays are all good...
  4. 2.3L ('83-'97) Plastic vs. Metal Fuel Pump/Tank Lock Rings & Seals?

So this doesn't really go in here, because I don't think it's engine-specific, but it also doesn't seem to go anywhere else. I'm doing the fuel pump on my '94, and I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. I bought the Delphi HP10141. It comes with some kind of tabbed metal ring that isn't part of my...
  5. M5OD Inner Shift Boot? ('94)

I have extensive damage to my inner shift boot, and I'm getting gross, hot (or eventually cold) undercarriage air blowing up into the cab. I'm talking about the rectangular rubber bit, with a raised circular portion, that slides directly onto the trans tower and shifter stub, and is in turn...
  6. Advice on play, chipped gears in M5OD-R1 rebuild (take 2)?

Okay, so the TL;DR is I screwed myself over*, and now I get to rebuild my transmission more carefully a second time. First question: I have a couple of chipped corners on the input shaft gear after removing the bearing. I'm leaning towards replacing it, but I wanted to double-check if that's...
  7. Driver's Front Bumpstop (D35 TTB 4x4)

Could anyone with the D35 TTB stock in their truck share a picture and a height measurement for the driver's front bumpstop? I feel like the stop in this position is different between 4x2 and 4x4, but I can't find any hard info. Thanks in advance.
  8. BW1354 Manual-Shift Rebuild (by the book)

After finishing my 4wd swap on my '94, and taking it off-road for the first time, I drove across the county and back, and by the time I got home, I had a pretty bad grinding noise on takeoff. I had already rebuilt the trans (input shaft bearing) and the rear diff (twice, thanks Yukon). The noise...
  9. D35 TTB Vent Fitting Thread Size / Part #?

My D35 TTB front is missing the vent fitting that goes on the top of the passenger-side axle tube stub. I just have a threaded hole with nothing in it. I've found a bolt that threads into the hole, and eyeballing it, it might be M10x1.0; I'll measure it at the hardware store tomorrow. That...
  10. 2.3L ('83-'97) Drilling & tapping '94 intake plenum for EGR?

Most EGR threads are from people who want to remove it, which then devolve into arguments between people who think the system "robs power" and people who think it's important. I have the opposite problem. I drive an auto-to-manual swapped '94. In the '94 2.3L trucks, EGR is determined entirely...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad