• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Dantheman1540

Lockrite not fitting dana35ttb

Trying to install a lockrite into my Dana 35ttb that already had 4.56s setup in it. when I go to install the parts that replace the large spider gears, they fit in initially but do not sit all the way into their spots. It appears they are a tiny bit too wide and are hitting the inside of the...
  2. Dantheman1540

1994 steering column squeak can’t find

So I’ve had some trouble with my steering since I got the truck. It had a ton of play and made some noise. At first I thought it was the rag joint, replaced that and it got better ✅. Then I thought it was all the linkage and tierods, replaced that and it got better ✅. Then I replaced the...
  3. Dantheman1540

Suddenly dies and no start or CEL on startup

I bought a 1990 2.9 auto POS for $350 from a buddy to use as a yard buggy. The trans is shot and only has two gears left but it started great and drove fine. After about a week it suddenly started to die while idling and hard start back up. Then it died and won’t start at all, and it’s not...
  4. Dantheman1540

Can’t bleed after disk swap

I put SN95 mustang disks on my ranger months ago and had trouble bleeding them then as I am having now. Basically I cannot get any fluid to come out of the bleed. If I crack the lines almost anywhere else in the system I get fluid, although it’s not a super strong jet when cracked and the pedal...
  5. Dantheman1540

Abs controller or hydraulic unit

So my abs light has been on and I’m getting down to the end of my list of things to fix. I already replaced the abs sensor, bled the brakes, checked fuses, and inspected everything I could think of. I jumped on rock auto and ordered a control box thinking it would be an easy item to replace and...
  6. Dantheman1540

Mirror removal tool

Went and got my 94 tinted last week and they told me they couldn’t do the windshield AS1 strip because he couldn’t remove the mirror. Told me it requires a special ford tool and the best option is to run by the dealership have them pop it off and then bring it back and they will tint it for...
  7. Dantheman1540

Best way to 4.10s, and posi in 35ttb

So I have a 4.10, posi 8.8 to throw in the back of my truck, but need something to stick in the front to match. I have a set of 44ttb in my parts stash, but I don’t think I want to deal with that swap not do I need or want the extra width. I’d like to figure out what’s the cheapest and easiest...
  8. Dantheman1540

Logic ground 94 4x4

Diagnosing my 4x4 system in my 94 electric shift, I come to testing pin 3 org/blk wire, on the 8 pin connector leading to the 4x4 module. The test is to connect pin 3 to a ground and it should read 0 ohms. Well I’m not getting any continuity between pin 3, and the bare spot in the floor pan I’m...
  9. Dantheman1540

Front seal leaking this bad?

Over the last week or two I’ve noticed an oil leak has popped up and seemed to have gotten much worse rapidly. Today I pulled it into the shop and oil was dripping from everywhere! It looked about a quart low and I had only driven 20miles since I got gas in the morning and the oil level was full...
  10. Dantheman1540

Extra wires on Tcase motor

Went to swap the Tcase motor on my 94 and realized mine has an extra two wire sensor going to the T case tail shaft housing. As well as, a random wiring going directly into the case with no way to unplug it that I can see. My new motor is the standard 7pin connector and doesn’t have the extra 3...
  11. Dantheman1540

Retro off road lights

I’d like to add some auxiliary lighting to my 94 so I have a more effective high beam setup when driving my dark country roads. I could go with my personally tried a true setup of some Diode Dynamics SS3 amber driving lights, but I think it will spoil the look of the truck. I’d love to find...
  12. Dantheman1540

31 spline 8.8 identification.

Looking to get a 31 spline 8.8, with 4.56, and at minimum a torsion style posi, but would consider an auto locker as well, for my 94ranger. I know there are many ways to skin this cat and I have what I’d consider a fairly high mechanical know how when it comes to axles so no labor cost would be...
  13. Dantheman1540

Dans 94, RCSB, 4.0, 4x4, 5spd

Just picked up my fourth ranger and finally the combo I’ve always wanted. It’s a 1994, regular cab, short bed, 4.0 OHV, 5speed manual, 4x4 in my least favorite color of red. I’ve had two 2.9s and a 3.0 in the past and didn’t care for either motor. I was actually secretly hunting for a 2.3...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad